Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Red & Green Flags in Relationships

elaboratelayal Wednesday

Hello everyone đź©·đź©·

What are some green and red flags you've noticed in your friendships or relationships?

It would be a pleasure if you share your experiences—whether it’s something that made you feel valued or something that ended up being toxic. Your story might help someone else recognize what’s healthy or not in their own relationships!

brownbunny77 Wednesday

That your partner has no right to just go through your phone.

Everyone has a right to privacy and the right to set boundaries. They may say that oh why can’t I go through your phone, do you have something to hide?

but the thing is if they do have concerns, there are healthier ways to communicate this. They can voice out what they are worried about and ask to check - then you can choose to allow them or not or to reassure them in other ways.

They shouldn’t have your passwords, scrolling through your old chats without your knowledge. Everyone has a right to privacy even within a relationship- after all it’s built on trust.

I personally allowed them to have all my passwords since I did not have anything to hide so why shouldn’t I right? but in the end I felt like I was being watched by a parent. It was weird and uncomfortable.

so it’s okay to set boundaries and it’s okay to say no!

elaboratelayal OP 2 days ago

Thank you for sharing your experience. I completely agree—trust and privacy are key foundations of a healthy relationship. It's tough when you feel like your boundaries aren't respected, even if there's 'nothing to hide.' Your story is a great reminder that feeling comfortable and secure should always be a priority in any partnership!!!