Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just looking....

limeThinker2021 September 9th

Mu partner checks out and shows off to other women in front of me. Makes me feel extremely weird.

I've noticed it alotand when I call him out he says he's "just looking".

We're together for almost 5years now; at the best he just had eyes for me. How do I handle this????

limeThinker2021 OP September 9th

At the beginning ** he had eyes just for me*

Now when I see him flirting with other women or brings them randomly into our conversations it pisses me off !!

Am I overthinking this?

toughTiger6481 September 9th

@limeThinker2021

"in the beginning" means nothing as all relationships people are more affectionate and attentive then they will be again.... the honeymoon phase ins not just describing a marriage for most that first part is when we are dating .... 

while openly flirting or Just looking in front of you is not only rude it might or might not mean much.  what is the reaction when this happens?   does he like getting under your skin?  How would he feel if tables turned and you looked and flirted? ....   Does he just need the reassurance of any response ? 

He would definitely not like it if it was the other way around

When I do openly ask hum about it, he either downplays it or ends up gaslighting me

toughTiger6481 September 9th

@limeThinker2021

some women like flirting with others especially when they are with someone they feel safe like he won't act cause you are there... it is an ego boost maybe to him. If he says it does not mean anything maybe it is innocent liking attention.   I think he is trying to say things to downplay because no one likes to be called out on something like that. 

Should I just ignore it in that case?

The problem is I Don't want to make a habit of ignoring, and it end up leading to bigger and much worse behaviours or things

I don't know why he's even with me if his eyes and mind may wander. What should I do?? :(