Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help with gift for faraway partner

heatlightning June 6th, 2023

My partner and I recently had to become long distance for at least the mean time. He’s temporarily renting a room for a seasonal job and lives in a rural area where it’s hard to get certain mail delivered accurately. His birthday is soon and I want to send him something unique but useful but that hopefully conveys my love and care fle

gkm. Sometimes suddenly he will seem like he doesn’t feel missed or loved by me and I feel guilty that I feel at peace here. In the past I was too anxious to have thought of leaving his side or going back home due to past trauma but I’m proud of the fact and know that we needed this to overcome our respective insecurities due to past traumas. In short, I just want him to feel I love him and send him something authentic but that doesn’t take up space since he’s in a temporarily living situation and we already have so much stuff we tried to get rid of and have in storage (in other words too much stuff has caused a problem for us so I don’t want to just contribute to that and have a gift backfire). Does anyone have any ideas? And because of where he lives being so rural getting food delivery is a no go sadly

also if anyone has any tips or advice on how to show affection/that I miss and care for him please do share. Thank you! How can I convey this over text or phone on his birthday? I’m not used to being long distance with him so it comes off as if I don’t care but the truth is I’ve just been feeling so secure in our partnership that I don’t feel the need to go overboard showing emotions or that I miss him. I think I will tell him that

Anonkelvin007 June 11th, 2023

@heatlightning On his birthday the first time to call to send blessings, tell him you love him and send him a song, it is best to let him open the door to see you, it will be what a surprise.