Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

So there's this guy...

Caysea1989 December 8th, 2016

A friend of mine. He has some serious problems. Opiate addiction and bad anxiety. He was about to be homeless so I took him in. I've been helping him through his withdrawal. I'm spending so much money. I'm doing so much. I really like him too. Like, I have a huge crush on him. But the situation is so messed up, I can't go there... So I'm quiet. And awkward. and I'm also dealing with my stress and anxiety and all of my issues. I just don't know what to do. I need advice on how to handle everything. What to say and what to do. Please help!

2wheelsdown December 8th, 2016

@Caysea1989

I'm so glad you're being a good friend! That's a huge step to support someone when they are dealing with those issues.

But please be careful ... I have seen others in your situation and the "friend" ended up taking advantage, and they were left heartbroken. Your friend has a lot of problems they need to sort out on their own and that's not a good time to begin a relationship.

If your friend is making a serious effort to get back on their feet, that's great. But be wary of enabling them to continue their bad habits or use you for your generosity and give nothing back.