Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Friend zone

Cherryblossom000 August 2nd, 2021

Hi :) So to put it lightly, I’m in love with my best friend and I don’t know how to cope with it. He has a girlfriend who he says he’s not happy with, and has nothing in common with. When I’m with him, all my problems just go away and we bring out the best in one another. He’s literally the best person and someone I would trust my life with. I know he loves me, but I don’t know if it’s in that way. And I would never say anything to him as he has a girlfriend. But I’m struggling with the prospect of letting my feelings go and just being happy he is in my life, and finding someone new. But my main worry is that nobody will ever compare to him and I’ll be stuck just loving him for the rest of my life. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lonelywolf1994 August 12th, 2021

Hello Cherry. I don't want to sound rude or anything with what I say. If he is in a relationship and you are his best friend then you should respect that boundary. If he is not happy with his relationship he should do something about it as that is his situation. Imagine that you are dating him and another girl that is his friend is telling him she loves him. I know it hurts, I truly do. If he asks you then that would be him opening the door for you to tell him. Never compare another guy with him as each one of us are different with perks. Maybe that guy it's better for you but you can be love struck that you miss him out. Love is not easy, it's never is but if he is meant to be with you it will happen regardless. Either if you end up with him or another guy there should be boundaries as it shows respect. Don't close your doors because maybe you might miss your perfect match.