Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My partner is very jealous

pluckyKiwi5892 July 31st, 2021

Hey there! I have this big problem in my relationship. My partner is very very jealous. They have trust issues and I understand that completely and I try to help them as much as I can, but lately it started to happen very often, we fight almost daily. Today they started a fight because i came to see them on a different road than usual. Few days ago I was to a party with some friends and someone flirted to me. When I told them, they said they are 100% sure I haven't told that person i am in a relationship. And no matter how much I insisted I said I am in a relationship, they didn't believe me. I started to get tired and now I feel like i am not trustworthy. I really want to help them, I don't want the relationship to end, but I am not that happy anymore... I try to talk about this every time something happens, but I feel like they don't want to solve this, they just believe that's how they are and nothing can change. The this is, it only started to happen lately. I think it can be fixed, but I just don't know what I can do. It's very hard to prove you are innocent and people can very easily find "proofs" you are guilty. And the fact that I have to prove my every action makes me feel I have no intimacy. Were you in their position? What would you have liked your partner to do? Thank you

cheerfulIceCream August 26th, 2021
Hello there Kiwi! Thanks for writing this post.πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ

From what you wrote, I learn that your partner seems very jealous and has trust issues; he believes nothing can be changed about it. It's sure hard to keep comforting your partner in these scenarios, I get you. Having fights daily with your partner would he very difficult. I understand how hard this has been for you. ):
So he got tensed because you took a different route to see him and that you told him someone flirted with you in a party you were in with your friends. I'm sorry that he didn't believe that you let the person know you were in a relationship prior to the incident. That must be so upsetting and I can see why. It sounds like this is really causing you distress. I'd feel similarly in that situation. I understand that you want to help him and I appreciate that about you. (:

If you want any suggstions, taking couples therapy might be of help, in shaa Allah. (It's absolutely your choice!) I can see that the understanding and trust between you two has been very damaged so yeah. Having insights from a professional 3rd person could likely help him understand better.
(If you do end up deciding to go for it, you can visit www.betterhelp.com/aileen for 10% off your first month. 😁😁Therapy in there is cheaper than traditional therapy!)

Sending you love and best wishes. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ

To anyone reviewing the post, no, I'm not Aileen.πŸ₯²