Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Arguments

SparrowSolberg September 12th

So I'm with this guy who's kind of an *** and we keep getting into arguments about really stupid stuff. 

Does anyone know how to prevent arguments?

BlueMel September 12th

@SparrowSolberg

I think arguments are somewhat unavoidable in a relationship but the subject of those arguments and how the arguments unfold I think can be really telling. It's hard to say without knowing more context but I think it might be worth analyzing why and how these arguments happen? Are the little things part of a wider issue or pattern? When you argue does it feel like you vs him or like both of you vs the problem? Do you still feel love between you even when you argue? Are these arguments typically started by one person or just naturally butting heads? If its little day to day frustration than maybe some more patience is needed in the relationship or if it always blows up into something huge maybe some deeper introspection about your compatibility with each other. Food for thought I know you can work through it

toughTiger6481 September 12th

@SparrowSolberg

is it only about the stupid stuff?   

In my experience when i argue with partner about stupid stuff it is simply a symptom of a much larger problem. 

most issues i fight with my partner about it is  not the one item that pushed me over the edge but a bigger attitude or disrespect i feel from his behavior.  

@SparrowSolberg I wouldn’t say I know how to prevent arguments but perhaps finding out what causes them to start could be helpful. Are there any things done or said that typically starts off an argument between y’all?