Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Never been in a relartionship. How do I meet someone who will look past flaws and connect with me?

Aborawatabinov February 3rd, 2015

You know how when you played with legos, you always had that one Mega Bloksbrick that never really fit with any of the others? That's how I've always felt in my romantic endeavors. I felt alwayslooked at like"he won't fit with me!" "I like him really only in certain situations." "look at him, you can just tell that block won't fit."

I understand that I'm not really attractive, I understand that sometimes I can be a bummer, but how do I find someone looking for a serious relationship when all of thetraditional methods of meeting people fail, due to my own faults?

How do I function with another person? This is all pretty pathetic, but I've never really had a chanceto learn these things.

giggleHoney76 February 3rd, 2015

I think the first question you must find the answer to is whether you can accept yourself, flaws and all. If you don't like yourself, you're not going to be a very enthusiastic salesperson to anyone else.

You might even be inclined to seek out flaws in other people just so that you can reject them before they have a chance to reject you. People can fool themseves into thinking that doing so is less painful. Even if it is, it's only in the short run. In the long run, one remains alone and that, too, comes with a side-order of pain.

Fences February 4th, 2015

As different as a Lego and a Mega Blok brick might be, they will still stick with glue. Perhaps you could focus on finding the right glue, instead of finding the right Lego/Mega Blok!