Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to stop over-compromising?

SmilingCamel55 February 18th, 2018

compromise is a good thing at some level. However, there are people who compromise too much because they feel bad to other people and such, but it is proven that it doesn't do any good to the person who are too much compromise (that's me!). Do u guys have any suggestions to deal with this issue?

intellectualCake2979 February 18th, 2018

@SmilingCamel55,

Usually people who compromise too often and to their detriment have co-dependency issues,they are often "people pleasers" and are not in touch with their own wants and feelings.I am not saying that you are one of these people,just stating some facts that I have read about.If you want to stop over-compromising,you are supposed to get in touch with yourself,learn to set boundaries,learn to take care of you first and build a heathy relationship with yourself first,then you will attract healthy individuals,just like yourself!Not easy but doable for sure!Identify what is deal-breaker behaviour for you in a relationship and start one with people that match your criteria,don't expect them to change with time,often it's an illusion that we can change someone so if you start compromising at the start,you will continue doing it and feel miserable about it!