Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

post-breakup depression ?

tasiaah July 29th

my now ex broke up with me just over a month ago because mentally neither of us were doing well and they saw this and thought it was best for us to break up so we could grow on our own. we are still friends but since the breakup i've felt miserable. i can barely get out of bed and im crying constantly, i miss them so much it physically hurts. i still see them at least once a week and we talk daily but they've lost feelings and i haven't. we were only together for 3 months but prior to us dating they liked me for nearly 2 years, and then after we broke up they lost feelings in a week and that hurt so bad to find out. when i was with them i felt so incredibly loved and i have never felt anything so strongly towards anyone. i truly trusted them with everything, i felt so safe with them i would give anything to have that back.

now they're on dating apps and they say it's just for fun and how they're coping but it hurts with how much i still love them. i felt like i did so much for them in our relationship, even in such short amount of time but now it's all just gone and i can't come to terms with it. i can't see myself loving anyone else. it hurts me physically how much i miss them. they're my best friend now but it hurts, i love them more than that and they know it. i don't know what to do. i don't feel like myself. i lost a piece of me. i feel lost.

iPHOENIX July 29th

@tasiaah

I'm truly sorry you're going through such a difficult time. Breakups can be incredibly painful, especially when you still have strong feelings for your ex. It's understandable to feel miserable and to miss them so intensely. It sounds like your relationship meant a lot to you, and it's hard to come to terms with the fact that they have moved on so quickly.

Seeing them regularly and knowing they are on dating apps must be incredibly painful. It's important to acknowledge your feelings and give yourself permission to grieve the loss of the relationship. It might also help to create some distance, even though it's difficult, to give yourself the space to heal.

Remember that it's okay to feel lost and not like yourself right now. Healing takes time, and it's important to be kind to yourself during this process. Lean on your support system, whether it's friends, family, or a therapist. They can offer you the comfort and support you need.

Please feel free to reach out to me or any other active listener here on 7 Cups if you want to talk. We're here to support you through this challenging time. You don't have to go through this alone.