Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

need advice for break up

nomboomboom September 24th

I recently got broken up by my boyfriend of 7 months. I am currently trying to move on, but every day I would feel a sense of loneliness and sadness when I get home. I do not know what to do now, so any advice would help. Thank you!

For some context, we have been long-distance for a month and he came back for a few days before he broke up with me. 

toughTiger6481 September 25th

@nomboomboom

it is not as much as moving on as it is starting over....

yes, there will be some loneliness and such until you start doing other things... this happens when ever we lose relationship/ friends or even change jobs or relocate ...

same us and such but have to adjust that it is just different and we learn to navigate new to us things.  

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. We are in this together, I am also in the wake of a break up too. I know right now it feels like a big part of your world has been ripped away. My advice based on what I’ve found helps is to take it one day at a time. One hour at a time even. And to honour those feelings of loneliness and sadness when you come home because your love for him was real and because of that it hurts so much. It’s okay to cry, it’s okay to talk it out, it’s okay to drop the ball a bit. Honour those feelings, sit with them and let them be heard. And do something where you can show yourself that love❤️ Good luck my friend

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/make-it-make-sense/202106/my-heart-has-been-broken-now-what