Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

always burned

powerfulMaple1852 November 14th, 2018

i havent been here for a while, I was trying to get my life back but it hasnt really worked. I have been in a relationship with what i know now he is a narcissist. I come from a long history of abuse and seem to achieve a normal loving relationship. Before i met my current bf. i was single for at least 8 years, he sucked me in , the love bombing, the promises, the build up,then drama happened, he was forced out of our house, due to other reasons. I have been trying to remain positive for the last year and a half. I learned about narcissism from my therapist because my ex and my dad are one. Long story short, ive been battling his drinking, cheating and lying, i know now hes a full blown narcissist,im looking back and seeing all those red signs i should have caught.But my heart wanting just one person to truly love me blinded me. Today i did something i never thought i would. i snuck into his place, he normally answers my call, but today he was passed out drunk on his bed with a cigarette in one hand and a cell phone i had suspicions about in the other, I watched that phone light up with text and calls one right after another. I sat for maybe 15 minutes took pictures to prove when i confront him if i get the nerve to. i left and cried all the way to work. I hate myself more than anything, i have no one to turn to because ive alienated every one in my family. I have never been so crushed.

imaginativeObstacle101 November 16th, 2018

I definitely feel your hurt..it is so hard when your mind tells you he is not a good person, things are not like they should be, doubts and troubles every day, but your heart is clinging on until youre completely broken.

Only then will a narcissist let you go, when youre no longer any use for them. Theyre not only toxic..the better of a person you are, the longer and more intense they feed off you.

All you can do is close that chapter. Dont question yourself or anything that happened within that chapter. Just see it as that...one little part of your life that you will learn from. Leave it behind and never look back.

Just focus on you and the future and believe me theres gonna be times when he will reach out just to see if youve gotten your strength back...in that case, do not try and engage in any conversation. Narcissistic people are manipulators at its worst form.

You will feel better soon, at least you saw proof with your own eyes. Good luck and enjoy a narcissist-free future. Its gonna be great.

kitkat34567 November 15th, 2018

i would just becareful since narcassist's are toxic people