Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Unexpected breakup with live in partner.

generousGrapefruit86 August 26th, 2021

very distressed and upset. Without telling me she took the house key from my keys and then I got an email saying it’s over. Been with her 2 years. Lived with her in her house for 1 year. Can’t believe this has happened to me. This was 4 weeks ago. Some of my stuff is still there. She wants to remain friends. I have met her a few times since then and she is adamant she can only be friends and she no longer has romantic feelings for me. I’m so annoyed as I invested my time and energy in her and and paid for house upgrades and domestic appliances. Now I feel rejected unappreciated and unwanted. I welcome opinions. Was I used and when I’m no longer needed I’m tossed out. I love her dearly and I’m obsessed with trying to get her back. Am I wasting my time. I put all the effort into the relationship. Initiated contact, sex, deciding what to do with our spare time. Lent her money paid for post dates and weekend always because I loved her and wanted to make her happy. I always felt she never cared if we were together or not. Anyone have similar stories to share. Thank you.

LaLuce393 August 26th, 2021

Sounds like the relationship wasn't meeting your expections/needs. I'm sorry it ended this way. You deserve better and you will find the right person if you let go of this one.

friendlyTriangle8092 August 27th, 2021

@generousGrapefruit86
my situation is similar, except I'm married and he lives with me at my parents! I feel kind of used like he had me fight custody battles, support him when he couldn't work, help him get on his feet just to have him going behind my back spending hundreds of dollars on other women online! Then tried to blame me for his actions and then says we need to take a step back and reconsider being together. I'm completely devastated, defeated, etc. i don't know what to think or feel, and I don't want to start over!