Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

They are hurt and I did it

damaged97 April 10th, 2023

I had the best most wonderful relationship with the most amazing caring person . It was a 3 year relationship and I took liberties we were lving together and about to get married . I have a lot of problems and I mean a lot so I go into self destructive mode and end up hurting those around me that I love because I was hurting so much inside so instead of waking up happy I was always moody which obviously took it out on my ex because its exhausting living with someone who's moody all the time . It got to a point where she said she's sad all the time because I'm sad so we broke things off and I know she's better off for it because I was dragging her down with me because of my own problems . And I know no matter what I do now I can never win her back and now I'm worried if I've lost the person I love with all my heart how can I find a new person because no one could ever replace her

MidwesternCalmSeeker April 16th, 2023

@damaged97

Breakups are never easy, and it sounds like you are aware of the reasons it happened. Taking steps to care for yourself, and feeling solid and safe while independent, is a great way to make your next relationship healthier and happier. I hope that you find the insight you need. You deserve that. Respect and support are important for all relationships. Respecting yourself and getting your heart and mind in a positive place is potentially life-changing - in a good way!