Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The one that got away

WhiteKitty November 17th, 2015

My boyfriend broke up with me a while ago. and I'm getting through it. I'm trying really hard to get through it. Some days are really difficult and that makes me want to just give up on everything. And some days are okay and I manage. But today isn't a good day. I just need a voice to tell me to keep going and that I'll get through this and one day I won't miss him.

amiableBranch6170 November 17th, 2015

I don't know if this helps at all but I believe you can do it. Only because so far you've found a reason to believe in yourself most days and keep going forward. I don't know you but I'm dealing with a similar situation now and some days it feels like torture like I made so many mistakes and if I did something different maybe it would be better but you can get past those thoughts just like today you can. After all no matter what the sun still rises and falls and just like the sun so can you.

SillyNessie November 17th, 2015

I promise things will get better they always do no matter what the issue is.nothing ever lasts forever. This feeling will go away in time.so for now roll with it because having your heart hurt like this means it actually happen.

rozie November 17th, 2015

Yes I believe you can do it @whitekitty. There are likely to be ups and downs, good days and not so good days for awhile. When we lose a significant relationship we grieve.. The self help guide on grief may help you tio understand this. Please be gentle with your self and seek the support you need. We are here for you.

EmotionallyTired November 18th, 2015

Breakups suck and I went through a very rough one as well this past year.
I promise you things WILL get better. Theres over 7 billion people in the world and he wont be the only person who will show you happiness in life. Cheer up and try to look at things positively and days will feel brighter. You'll meet new people and one day, you'll look back and see this relationship as just a memory in ur life. Fill your days with food, netflix, your favorite hobbies, friends and family and everything will be fine! smileyheart