Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Should I give up?

yellowSpruce9002 March 14th, 2023

Hello community!

I am struggling. I had a baby 4 months ago that was unplanned with my boyfriend and it was a tough experience. At the start we had already been through a miscarriage 10 months prior, I had just recovered from a concussion and we had not been seeing each other very often because of his busy schedule. So I spent went through over half of the pregnancy alone physically and emotionally because he kept telling me he didn't want the baby but he still wanted to be with me. When he would come by, we'd have sex and spend a couple of hours together, then he'd leave. At 20 weeks, I found out I had a short cervix and within a week I was in the hospital to have surgery to stitch my cervix to keep my baby in my womb. Every day after that I was stressed and worried if my baby would make it, especially because I had already lost one. Meanwhile, I was in the process of opening a business, and after I was put on strict bed rest, it was becoming more and more difficult to get everything done physically, aside from the stress of not working. So around 30 weeks I asked him to work for the business so he could help me on it. He had more time to help me and started coming to Dr's appts but still said he wasn't happy about the baby. Now that she's here, he's in love with her but doesn't seem to want me anymore. We weren't able to have sex while I was on bed rest and recovery post partum was long because of complications. I'm honestly still recovering. But he complains that we aren't having sex enough though I've made time and initiated 4 times since January, he's initiated 0 times. It's difficult also with the baby because she requires time and attention. I don't know what to do but he is saying he wants to break up but it's up to me. I'm still in love with him.

justokayoratleastimtrying March 14th, 2023

Go to therapy together. It was the best I’ve made. I wish I would’ve found it sooner.