Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mutually ended brief relationship

ChristianPatriot77 July 12th, 2021

I was recently in a brief 2-3 month relationship with someone who I got quite close to. Her and I were friends first, then developed feelings for each other. A few days ago, we mutually parted. I really thought she was going to be my wife. We got along perfectly, didn't fight or argue once. It was almost like a match made in heaven. But she had two things she couldn't be sure she could ever give me and I had something I was certain I couldn't ever give her. She wasn't a physical person, meaning if we got married, sex wasn't something that mattered to her and I would like like that out my wife. And she wasn't sure if she could ever get over a past guy she was in a relationship with. She still had feelings for him. And I need to move and she doesn't want to be away from her family. So of course, marriage was off the table if it ever got that far. I just couldn't push my will onto her, I really wanted it, but I cared for her too much than to do that to her. We ended things respectfully. However, I'm so very broken from this. I felt love for her. She was an everyday part of my life. We talked for 8+ hours a day and constantly were on each other's minds. She was essentially everything to me. Definitely was wife material and everything I could have wanted out of a wife. I just miss her so much. And everything about my days are off, I feel nauseous all the time, I can't sleep and can't eat much. I feel the most broken and weak I ever have. She told me at one time that I have a heart of gold. And I believe that. I wanted so badly to share it with her. Now I can't. I feel completely alone and broke. I don't know what to do. I feel lost.

sallymae3459 July 12th, 2021

@ChristianPatriot77 it seems like it was for the best maybe she is asexual if she doesn't like sex but i don't want to assume things.