Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It doesn't seem to be getting any easier.

Mrhockey77 October 24th, 2017

It's been 6 weeks since she moved out. I thought I was getting better, but the pain and sadness still comes in waves. I've stopped drinking and been exercising like a demon, but I still feel broken and lost. I don't know how to move on. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jamai057 October 24th, 2017

@Mrhockey77 Forgive me; I am a little inexperienced with relationships. Breaking close ties is hard, and sometimes the pain can be excruciating and enduring it can be lengthy. I understand six weeks is a long time, but however long, the pain and sadness you feel is temporary; these emotions help us appreciate others such as love and happiness. When someone walks out of your life, it is because someone else better is walking into it, however long it'll take them to arrive. Take this time to become responsible for your own happiness, to love yourself and grow; time will heal and everything else will fall into place. Explore yourself as a person; maybe this pain is for the best.

You're going to be okay, I promise.

All the best, :)

jamai057 x

Mrhockey77 OP October 25th, 2017

@Jamai057

Thank you for your repy. It may not seem like much, but I appreciate the kind words.

Jamai057 October 25th, 2017

@Mrhockey77 It's okay, I'm glad if I could help in any way at all :)

Jamai057 October 25th, 2017

@Mrhockey77 Sometimes kind words mean everything; they changed my life.

JessicaLov October 24th, 2017

@Mrhockey77

Hey, I don't know you but I am so proud of you for just doing a little change and making alcohol a non-priority in this situation. You could tell it was harming you , so you decided to use exercise as a coping mechanism.

It does get better, even if you don't see it it really does.

Mrhockey77 OP October 25th, 2017

@JessicaLov

Thank you. I have been wanting to quit for a while and this situation was the catalyst. I suppose it's one good thing that's come from this.