Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am feeling guilty

Blazeyblur October 26th, 2017

I don't think I need to, but I am feeling guilty for not talking to my ex. Cutting off all communication when he dumped me and now I feel guilty for doing that because he feels bad for hurting me and his parents treat him like crap.

Bean43 October 30th, 2017

Hey @Blazeyblur ! *Hugs*

First of all, I am glad you're here. It does take a lot of courage to put down a problem into words.

I understand that you feel rather frustrated and upset for the fact that you've cut off ties with your ex boyfriend and now he's having a really difficult time. You now have all this guilt within you in addition to feeling like the bad person.

That can be a lot to handle but do know that you have nothing to feel guilty about. Relationships do end and you've moved on, now this is his life and his problem to worry about.

On the other hand, he does seem like he's going through a tough time. While this isn't your problem, you still are the best judge of the situation. You know him better than anyone so only you would know if his situation is genuine and if you think it wouldn't hurt to speak to him and find out if he was doing okay.

Do remeber that whatever you do, it is only a favor from your side. None of it is obligatory and you shouldn't have to feel guilty about anything. Do what makes you happy. You're a brave person.

I know you already have enough but sending you all my strength too ❤️

Blazeyblur OP October 30th, 2017

@Bean43

Wow! Thank you very much for your kind words and support. I truly appreciate it. It has been difficult, but you are right. It is his problem now. He always had problems with his parents, so it really is nothing new. The only difference is now he is facing it alone, but as people have told me. It is his choice. No one made him treat people badly to the point now no one wants to be there for him. Thank you again for your support. :-)