Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do I get over someone after we broke up?

purpledoggo5900 July 18th, 2017

Hi. I just recently broke up with a guy who was also my best friend. I miss him like crazy but I realized that he's not worth it. I made one stupid mistake and he dumped me because of it. And over text! I tried to talk to him about it but it's clear he doesn't want to get back together. He claims he forgives me and all but he just can't trust me again. Anyways, how do I get rid of the feelings I still have for him? I really just need to move on and I just don't know how. What should I do?

colourfulBlueberry62 July 18th, 2017

@purpledoggo5900

Heyy :)

It's always hard to move on from someone, especially when they were such an important part of our lives. You can try focusing on self-development (e.g. study, sports, interests). It's their loss for losing you :) make them regret that!!

Try to go out and make more friends, I'm sure there are many guys out there who are better than him :) It feels like he was just using your little mistake as an excuse to break up, although I don't really know what happened. Maybe he had this thought for a while but didn't know how to express it.

neatKitten3293 July 23rd, 2017

@purpledoggo5900

Hi there :)

I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. What's helped me get through breakups is self-care, family and friends, and exploring new hobbies or ones I wasn't able to make time for before. Maybe you could make a list of all of the things you love to do, and make a point to do one every day. It also helps me to go out into nature and appreciate something bigger than myself for a change. It makes my problems seem more manageable for some reason. I hope this helps, and I hope you feel better soon!

scarletLand3247 July 23rd, 2017

@purpledoggo5900 I agree with @colourfulblueberry62 the best way to move on is to find other interests. Through these interests whether study, sport, hobbies you can meet other people with the same interests and have new friends and you never know there may be someone there that shows they are a better person than your ex. I also agree it sounds more like an excuse than anything else on your ex's part.