Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Holding on to Hope

Watermelon365 August 14th, 2022

I was broken up with a week ago after a two year relationship. I’m still holding onto Hope that we’ll get back together and he’ll change his mind - though he’s made it very clear we are not and he doesn’t want to. How do I stop those hoping so I can really move on?

toughTiger6481 August 14th, 2022

Sorry you are going through this......

it is very hard to let go of hope and depending on the reason or reasons you broke up .........I find myself when facing situations where things are happening regardless of me wanting them to go another way or take another shot at something ..... sometimes in life you just need to accept and move on and it takes will and determination to not ......keeping wanting to reach out or see what he is up to etc..... in time it becomes easier....

The best part is IF he changes his mind ............it might be because you can and did move on ............... instead of falling apart and waiting for him to make things better

marymary94 August 20th, 2022

Hi i am going through a break up of a 10 year relationship...i broke up two weeks ago..i know it hurts... Be strong.

What i do is i don't raise expectations.. because if you have hope it hurts you everyday.. he says me how much he loves me and he always will...he is going through some kind of depression and he broke up with me out of the blue... The was no issue in the relationship..no fighting, no cheating nothing.. he is just not happy with they way he feels about his life and he reset everything.. there is a high chance of him coming back but i should not be holding to that ... The same you have to do too...

Don't expect much.. focus on yourself and try the no contact rule.. don't text him don't put pressure on him...with you no contact him you will let him know that he did a mistake and re-evaluate the situation..

If you have the need to text him just come here and chat .. that's why i am on that app.. to help each other grow out of things..

Everything is happening for a reason...i know it doesn't help much ..but it's true

Take care