Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

He left, and I didn't see it coming

Harley92 November 10th, 2021

My "boyfriend's" sister really despise me and I have no idea why. I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year now. Whenever I am amongst his family or at his house, his sister would pass really awful comments which would be directed at me. I tried ignoring it, didn't allow it to get to me. I spoke to my boyfriend, but he seemed to not take any of my concerns to heart and it has deeply affected me. Yet, I overlooked it, just to maintain the peace.

A few days ago another incident accorded. This time, I was fed up of it. I told my boyfriend just how much it hurts me that he doesn't speak up against his sister, and that he's been allowing her to ill-treat and disrespect me because he doesn't stand up for me which basically shows them, they're allowed to treat me whichever way.

Instead of having him listening and trying to understand my feelings, he disrespected me. Gave me the silent treatment and basically ghosted me. It's affecting me so much. Just last night, I saw I've been blocked on literally everything.

How do one overcome that? I'm still in complete shock. I cannot wrap my head around it. He just, left. No indication. No warning sign. I didn't see it coming. My soul feels, broken. I'm struggling to digest it.

CheeryMango November 14th, 2021

Harley I’m so sorry he treated you like that and didn’t listen or do anything when his sister was being rude and disrespectful towards you each time you two were in the same room. That’s not called for at all. I know how much shocking to see how he reacted with this and communication should have been a better way to deal with it instead blocking you. In regards to overcoming this, it will take time to do that. Is you reaching out to him someway completely out of the question or can you think of a way to reach him? I hope it would help if you two are able to talk things out to get you some kind of healing you deserve.