Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Did your ex ruin something you used to love for you?

FadingStarDust June 7th, 2017

Once we come in a relationship with someone, we both find 'our' things. It maybe a song, movie or a quote. The sad part is that after the relationship ends, for whtever reason, we seem to start not liking the same things we used to love. It frustrates and annoys us.
But, I believe, we should use those things as a souvenir for the good times. We should focus on the good instead of the negative part because in the past there was a day we actually related it to someone and loved it; and even if the relationship went sour, that doesn't mean we need abandon the things we loved. People leave, they don't need to the chunk of things you love from your life.

June 7th, 2017

@FadingStarDust

I think it's good and healthy to temporarily avoid the things that remind you of your ex. I remember quite a few things did (even the little mustache guy on a can of pringles or youtube channels that we both enjoyed) and I did avoid them for months. However, after I was able to create new memories and reasons for why I enjoyed them, so they no longer reminded me of my ex. That's how I was able to move past that hurtful feeling.

FadingStarDust OP June 7th, 2017

@TrueArrow Yes, yes. I completely agree to that. Till the healing process is over one must maintain distace from the things that might remind them of their ex. <3

June 7th, 2017

@FadingStarDust

If it's causing you distress, then I think it's perfectly fine. Some people don't experience that sort of feeling and that's alright, if they choose not to avoid it. It just seems especially true when it comes to painful breakups. Mine was definitely one of them and avoiding memories helped me. ☺

@TrueArrow
I am glad you are doing alright now. <3

@MissBenevolentBlue

We are all stuck in this loop waiting for someone to come and put and end to it, but before that someone comes there going to be a lot inputs that will look promising but will end up in errors and that's alright; that leaves a scope for learning. Yin and yan, you know?

And, don't fret, he did miss out.

Ever need to talk, hit me up.
<3

Good to know. <3