Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Coping methods?

willinggrapes October 4th, 2022

Hello,

my bf broke up with me a month ago. I see him at school, 10 minutes during each morning (roll class), and 3 days a week for an hour (chemistry class). It really hurts when I see him, and it’s like I’m starting from scratch all over again whenever I do see him. When I’m away from him physically, sometimes I feel like I can get through this, but when I see him at school, it’s like all my hope disappears and I begin missing him more and more. I don’t want to talk to him ever again (except during class work where conversations are only related to certain projects), but it still hurts seeing him in person and feeling his presence in a way.

Sometimes when I realise he is nearby, I feel the need to impress him in away to bring his attention to me with an aim to make him miss me (and change his mind about breaking up with me). Does anyone know how to stop doing this?

Overall, is there any coping methods or reminders I can give myself to help with my healing and grief process when I see him at school every week?

innateJoy9602 October 4th, 2022

@willinggrapes

Hello,

Having to see your ex constantly after a breakup does sound challenging.

There will come a point in the future when you aren't hurting as much as you are right now, even if you have to see your ex every day. You may carry the memory of this breakup with you, but you will be able to heal and go on. Just keep in mind that the classes will eventually end

Let yourself heal without putting to much pressure on yourself. Time heals all :)💛💫