Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bitter sweet

dapperSugar6827 June 14th, 2021

My girlfriend packed her things and moved out yesterday, taking her son with her. I didn't think she was actually going to until she passed me on the highway with her car full of her belongings. I feel heart broken. We've been together for 2 years (we lived together for a year and moved to a new state a few months after moving in together) and her son just started telling me he loves me. Her grandfather's funeral was Saturday and we've been arguing alot lately. Money is tight at the moment for both of us, although usually if she can't pay her half I'm always there to cover her. She still owes 735$ for last months rent but honestly I wouldn't even care if she just came back.. All this is going on while I'm in the process of remodeling and selling my home 4 hours away and have the closing set for tomorrow. I feel so overwhelmed and sad even though we do have our differences. I'm a strong person and know things will be alright no matter what happens but the pain is very difficult. I didn't even want to come "home" last night and see her things gone. It's been the longest adult/romantic relationship I've had in my life and I'm going to be 28 in August. We were going to create a new life and family outside of town with a fresh start now it just feels like a empty house. I had big plans of fixing it up, just how we wanted and make it our own, spend our evenings by the fire pit with new friends and make memories. Now those thoughts are just an idea, we once had because there is no "we" anymore