Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Beating Writer's Block

hambagucat August 19th

Hey everyone! 📝

Writer’s block—ugh, right? It happens to the best of us. When you’re staring at that blank page and nothing’s coming to mind, what do you do to get things rolling again?

Let’s share some ideas and help each other out! ❤️

jesusredeemedme2425 August 21st

@hambagucat

Looking up writing prompts online <3

StarrySkies1236 September 8th

I have this problem a good bit but I have this fun little thing where I don’t just lose inspiration, I lose the train of thought and can’t get back into whatever I’m working on. So this often leads to me giving up and finding a new idea that gives me motivation. Which isn’t great, but it means that I’m not stuck staring at whatever thing I’ve left unfinished.

So sometimes I just need to wait long enough for another idea, or I listen to music or watch a movie. Other times I can’t finish what it is I’m working because of life calling my name, and usually when I try to pick it back up I either get it or lose it again. I also intentionally daydream myself to sleep so sometimes I just get new ideas from that.

2882 September 9th

Well I try to skip a chapter and move on from the block, like I know where the story is going so I start there then go back and try make the story link up, or if it's a real bad block I take a break, watch a few movies and read a few books, look at my title again in a week if it still doesn't come to me then I start my next draft and re-write the book from the start.