Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Suggest 1-3 books and I'll try to read them

RavenclawFan March 16th, 2023

I need more books to read lol

RavenclawFan OP March 16th, 2023

I didn't mean to make this 2nd post-

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 17th, 2023

Hey @RavenclawFan, yes saw 2 duplicate posts for this one, and removed them, as duplicate content in multiple forums isn't allowed!^^

Now yaya books, I've trying to build a reading habit too! What kind of genre do you like? :D

I'm mostly into fiction, self help, to name a few!

Sooo I'd definitely recommend the cliche (but very well deserved one lol) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho!

destiny036 March 27th, 2023

The girl in pieces

crimsonLake1784 March 27th, 2023

@destiny036

The title sure sounds interesting. What genre is it?

crimsonLake1784 March 27th, 2023

@RavenclawFan

What genres do you read? If you enjoy thriller, The Silent Patient is a good book.

raspberryarchives March 27th, 2023

@RavenclawFan my favourite book ever is the secret history. it's from the perspective of a man named richard who joins a college class of ancient greek students, all of them totally different from one another and isolated from the rest of the school. the first half of the book builds up to the event that leads to their classmate Bunny's murder (this isnt a spoiler btw, it's talked about in the prologue), and the second half of the book details the fallout of everyone's minds after the murder. its so so good I could recommend it more!

another one you should read is talented mr ripley. it's about a man named tom ripley who is asked by a rich buisnessman to travel to italy to convince the man's son to return to the US. however, tom has an obsessive personality, and after living with the man's son Dickie for a little while, he realises that this is the exact kind of life he likes and he is willing to do anything to get it, including impersonating and removing people who threaten his obsession. its quite psychological, but the setting is really charming and it definitely grips u.

one last book is atonement. honestly one of the saddest books I've ever read, but completely worth it. it's written from the perspective of a young girl named briony, who tells a half-lie that ends up ruining many lives. the book follows her as she ages and tries to come to terms with her mistake and 'atone' for what she has done and it comes across very much in her writing the toll the burden is taking on her. u may need tissues for this one, but in my opinion its one of the greatest romantic dramas ever written.

hope these help, happy reading!

SammyLouise March 29th, 2023

@RavenclawFan

How to Stop Time - Matt Haig :)

gregariousBunny4035 March 29th, 2023

I am currently reading Klara and The Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro.

I think it has been criticised for using very common sci-fi tropes. But it's the writing that wins through.

Very engaging and strange story.

I'm about halfway through.

PieceoftheUniverse March 29th, 2023

A great suggestion are the book of Gabor Maté, I would say just check them out and see which book appeals most to you when you look at the summary.

Have fun reading!!

ScorpiaD March 30th, 2023

@RavenclawFan

Harry Potter. Lol.

PerfectOne April 3rd, 2023

Holy Quran

arrhythmia11 April 11th, 2023

The kite runner

A thousand splendid suns

Rich dad poor dad

And the mountains echoed

nessaivy April 11th, 2023

@RavenclawFan hi

LevelUpNow April 12th, 2023

Depends on what you are looking for: thriller/murder mystery- anything by tes gerritsen(the surgeon is the first one) non fiction: the surrender expirement by Michael singer.

Idkwhatimdoingonhere April 13th, 2023

Definitely vicious and vengeful by v.e. Schwab (i think that's the author's name would get uo to check but I'm pretty comfy rn lol)

Candlelightprayer April 15th, 2023

@RavenclawFan the book of disquiet by Fernando pessoa, jawbone by Monica ojeda, frost in may by antonia white

sensibleScarf3420 April 15th, 2023

@RavenclawFan

Try reading Sophie's world, crime and punishment, the white nights, no longer human

They are one of my favorite books :D

MissKatMonroe April 16th, 2023

Twisted Tales Series is pretty cool. If you like Disney.

Kitler April 16th, 2023

Dead city is a trilogy by James Ponti but it's really good! There's also another series by him called City Spies and that's really good too!

powerfulspeaker8861 April 16th, 2023

@RavenclawFan Lemony Snicket, (well I guess that's an author but he's great), the 39 clues and a wrinkle in time😘 have a good read

Anonymous230415 April 16th, 2023

@RavenclawFan a novel that can bring you new world. A book that make you will lost in your world.

JacquiCol April 16th, 2023

The marriage lie Kimberly Belle

Seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo Taylor Reid

sooty41 April 16th, 2023

@RavenclawFan

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

Perfume by Patrick Suskind

Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks

Enjoy !!

ImpudentIncognito April 16th, 2023

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy [Book 1 of the series, Genre: Sci-Fi Comedy] - Douglas Adams

❝Seconds before the Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor. Together this dynamic pair begin a journey through space aided by quotes from The Hitchhiker's Guide ("A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have") and a galaxy-full of fellow travelers: Zaphod Beeblebrox--the two-headed, three-armed ex-hippie and totally out-to-lunch president of the galaxy; Trillian, Zaphod's girlfriend (formally Tricia McMillan), whom Arthur tried to pick up at a cocktail party once upon a time zone; Marvin, a paranoid, brilliant, and chronically depressed robot; Veet Voojagig, a former graduate student who is obsessed with the disappearance of all the ballpoint pens he bought over the years.❞

I Am the Cheese [Genre: Crime Fiction] - Robert Comier

❝I Am The Cheese is the story of Adam Farmer, a 14 year old boy who cycles from Monument, Massachusets to see his father at a hospital in Rutterburg, Vermont. It's a long trip, and unusually ominous; Adam is fearful as there always seems to be something waiting around the corner or behind his back. He carries a package which he must deliver to his father, but why is he alone on his trip? Why is he suspicious of everybody he meets? Why is his father in a hospital so far away?❞

The Bell Jar [Genre: Roman clef] - Sylvia Plath

Sylvia Plath was an American poet, novelist, and short story writer. Known primarily for her poetry, Plath also wrote a semi-autobiographical novel, The Bell Jar, under the pseudonym Victoria Lucas. The book's protagonist, Esther Greenwood, is a bright, ambitious student at Smith College who begins to experience a mental breakdown while interning for a fashion magazine in New York. The plot parallels Plath's experience interning at Mademoiselle magazine and subsequent mental breakdown and su!c!de attempt.❞

TheAutumnWitch September 17th, 2023

@RavenclawFan

Hi! I have a couple of suggestions based off of whether you’d prefer a standalone book or a series.

•The standalone book I have in mind is The Teahouse Fire by Ellis Avery, a historic novel set in the mid 1800s to early 1900s. It’s about a French girl who, after losing her biological family through a series of tragedies, ends up in Japan and being taken in by a family that runs a teahouse.

•The series I have in mind is The Winternight Trilogy, a set of historical fantasy novels by Katherine Arden. In order, the books are The Bear and the Nightingale, The Girl in the Tower, and The Winter of the Witch. Set in medieval Russia, the main character is gifted with magical powers that cause others to brand her as a witch, and she must make her way through society despite this.