Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Learning Balance from Dr Donut

WarmLightXO June 27th, 2022

Hi hi hi my friends, happy Sunday! Today we’re here with Dr Donut, a global mod of three years here on 7Cups :o They’re also a discussion host and member of the Mindfulness and Healthy Living communities- but I’ll them tell you. Grab some ostrich to munch on for this short and sweet interview (Dr Donut’s favorite food) and enjoy!

Greetings Dr Donut, thanks for being here and sharing your journey with us! Personally, I’m very excited to hear from you as we don’t know each other and you seem like my kind of person :)

Thank you very much! Happy to be here, I hope we can get to know each other better!

You’re currently paying attention to the healing process in your own mind and life along with assisting others through theirs. What has the impact of being a listener during your own healing been like?

I find helping others, heals you as well. Sharing a talking space with someone oftentimes allows you to passively help yourself in a way. So being a listener has definitely helped me with my growth.

Your bio talks a bit about mindfulness and balance. What can you tell us about these and how they might affect our lives?

Balance is key to anything in life. Similar to a good meal, it needs the right balance of spices, salt, and other ingredients otherwise it won't taste very nice. Likewise, if your life isn't in balance you will feel the effects. Keeping a clear head is very difficult but once you try to practice mindfulness the effects are great.

Onsite, you’re very active in the Mindfulness and Healthy Living Communities. How would you say your own experiences impact the topics you’re enthusiastic about providing support for?

It's exciting to share personal experiences, tips, and thoughts on these topics as it helps others who might find that specific topic very difficult to deal with. It also gives a beacon of hope as the situation isn't hopeless.

Like all of us, you have a life outside of 7Cups. What might a day offline look like for you, and how do your experiences onsite affect the way you live your day-to-day life?

I work as a physiotherapist currently doing my honours, so my day is busy and tiring, to say the least XD but I always enjoy my time on cups. I find being on cups is like a break away from life and it allows me to decompress a bit.

When life is good, what gets you out of bed in the morning? What gets you up when things are difficult?

Honestly, at this point, my goals and dreams do. I have to persevere to get what I want. There is no easy way out, keeping that mindset is a challenge but I hope things will get easier for us all ^_^

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to share your thoughts and wisdom with us today, we really appreciate it and love learning from you <3

No problem! Thank you and I really appreciate you all as well <3

@BlueRiver5968 @Dallady @exuberantBlackberry9105 @HealingTalk @MyNameIsNicole @SkylarListens @ThoughtfulBlossom @WarmLightXO @Zarram77

Helgafy June 27th, 2022

@WarmLightXO

Thank you so much for this fine intervue. I special liked this sentence: "I find helping others, heals you as well. Sharing a talking space with someone oftentimes allows you to passively help yourself in a way. So being a listener has definitely helped me with my growth." - I'm not a listener though, but I experience the same in sharing circle.

All the best from Helga.

WarmLightXO OP June 27th, 2022

Hi Helga! I'm so glad you enjoyed 😊 I agree, there's a lot of wisdom in that shared space, and I'm glad you've been able to experience in it sharing circles 💚

Dallady June 27th, 2022

Dr. Donuts favourite food’s ostrich what is even happening right now

@WarmLightXO

WarmLightXO OP June 27th, 2022

True story 😛 I thought it was interesting enough it deserved a mention!