Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

An Inspirational Talk With @InternalAcceptance

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 8th, 2023

Hello wonderful people, please join me for an insightful interview with our ever so kind and inspirational peers, who have lots of wisdom nuggets for us. 💖

Interviewee: @InternalAcceptance

Interviewers: @LilacLeopard and @LovingPeacefulHeart

Lilac: Would you like to share with us how your 7cups journey started and how it evolved?

Internal: I remember joining as a member and deciding that I wanted to offer support to others, especially in the Addiction Community at the time.  A couple of months after joining, I made my listener account and became part of the Addiction Community.  Over the years, I have taken a step back from the communities and started focusing more on the quality aspect of things.

Lilac: Which of your many roles is your favourite and why?

Internal:  The Anonymous Evaluation team is probably my favourite role at this point.  I genuinely enjoy talking to all of the team members during check-ins as well as doing evaluations myself.

Lilac: What does a typical day on 7 cups look like for you?

Internal:  A normal day starts with checking my messages and replying as I’m able.  More often than not, I go into LSR to provide chat support and peer support.  Recently I’ve been taking more chats with members new to me rather than sticking solely to my regular members.  I have my scheduled chats as well throughout the week.  I also work on various aspects of the Anonymous Evaluation Team.

Peaceful: If you can go a concert of any artist/band (past or present) in their prime, who would it be and why?

Internal:  I would go to Woodstock in 1969.  This time period is important to me for family reasons.  Also, there were just some absolutely incredible musicians at this protest.  Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Country Joe and the Fish, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Santana, just to name a few.  

Peaceful: How has 7 Cups impacted how you do self-care?

Internal:  7Cups has encouraged me to actually take the time to practice self care when I generally wouldn’t.  Rather than waiting until I’m incredibly overwhelmed to start, I take time to treat myself kindly on a routine basis.  I’ve learned that I don’t need to be extremely overstimulated to partake in self care and that if I do a bit here and there it’s much more sustainable.

Lilac: What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?

Internal:  Something that I’ve learned that I feel could be beneficial is self compassion, forgiveness, and self respect.  None of us are perfect and it’s time that we stop treating ourselves poorly for that.  Many of us forgive others long before we forgive ourselves, even when we are just as deserving.  Lastly, self respect is so, so important.  I’ve learned that I don’t need to tolerate being mistreated and that my boundaries are just as important as someone else’s.  

image_1696746537.png

Such amazing questions, Lilac and Heart, thank you for allowing the fantastic IA a space to share their experiences and thoughts. 💖

Thank youu for everything you do for the community, IA. I love the lessons you've learned in life and can resonate with them so much. Keep being you! 💖

Tagging some friends of Internal, Lilac and Peaceful: 

@Emotionslisterner @Gracey @Yellowsunflower101 @Sunshinealwaysgrateful @Sairita @Calmrose33 @Aliveintheocean @Stephygirl @Politemoon1088 @Bronydice @Fristo @Jill7Cups @Tinywhisper11 @Chetan1408 @Yourcaringconfidant @Bluerivercares @Comphi @Broadfemmelovelive @Jenna @GentleEmperor @Novagalaxy 

Make someone smile at Cups here: https://tinyurl.com/PeerAppreciation

Interview someone at Cups here: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders 

🌻🌻 

Tinywhisper11 October 8th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou awwwww ❤❤❤gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤ your awsome ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 10th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11

hugs-love.gif

Comphi October 8th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you for the tag Sun.....IA is definitely a very strong leader and it was great reading about their experience on cups🙂

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 9th, 2023

Certainly, @Comphi. <3

YourCaringConfidant October 8th, 2023

This was an absolutely beautiful to read interview. And after reading all of it, I have to say the life lesson about self forgiveness is what stands out most to me. If that isn't 100% the truth!!! Why is it that we are willing to forgive others who hurt or wrong us but yet struggle to forgive ourselves? It's the truth, y'all! Like IA said, we really are deserving of it. I'm taking this reminder with me as I go on about my days, so thank you IA for reminding us of this. ♡ 

HealingTalk October 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you ðŸ˜Šâ¤ï ðŸ˜Š ðŸ˜â¤â¤!