Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

International Resource Database Moving Forward

Asher January 9th, 2023

Hello all,

It's been awhile since I made an update on this project. That's most because I got a new job that has been stressful, including wrapping my head around the challenges of it and how challenging it's going to be as well.

For the International Resource Database, I took on a mountain that is climbable but needs some steps to get there. From my professional and personal experience having a resource database for listeners to use for ideas on coping skills websites to give out or places that could also further support members is a great resource. Not having one, can make some chats stand still and not progress at times. The database will not give medical (in the aspect of not to cure all) and is not a perfect fit for all issues. Over the next 3 months, I will be focusing on the North America resources and will be creating a team to focus on North America only. This opportunity also has a Mentor Leader spot that will open to help run this region's database in the future, so that there's 1 Mentor Leader for each region.

Current Plans:

Step 1: Review the resources that we have and update them to database that I have made (some editing might be needed as Google Sheets awhile ago hated me)
Step 2: Work on adding 20-30 new resources a month for the North America Resource Database
Step 3: Onboard a mentor to lead the process of approving resources
Step 4: Have a full team and a mentor leader to do the whole process.

Please DM me or leave a comment below for questions.
_1673297869.image.png
Picture description: A hand tossing up a globe with a mountain and river in the background.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 10th, 2023

@Asher

Thanks for letting us know, Asher. It sounds like a good plan, hope things work out well for this one.

Also, good wishes for your job!<3

NanditaB January 10th, 2023

@Asher Best of luck ! :)

AffyAvo January 10th, 2023

@Asher The database will not give medical advice

Can you explain more about this? I know many resources do give some medical advice if it's not their main topic. What's the threshold? Can you give examples?

Asher OP January 10th, 2023

@AffyAvo

Some advice is allowed, but not the point where it's telling you to change to this specific diet or medical advice in the aspect do this exercise with no acknowledgement of consulting a medical professionals. Basically, telling you we have the cure to what you have and nothing else will work.

AffyAvo January 10th, 2023

@Asher Ok, that sounds reasonable. So something like 811 in Canada would be allowed, as it does offer medical advice but it's by licensed medical professionals who actually review someone's history?