Community /

Poetry

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
A Resting Stop ♥️✨
by ComradeRuhi
Last post
3 days ago
...See more It's almost the end of September already! 2024 is nearing its end which sounds so crazy. For our wonderful poets and for our avid poetry readers, let this be a resting stop for your hectic lives. This post is dedicated to sprinkling some positivity. If you are struggling, need someone to talk to, or simply would just like to respond for fun, please do and share down below. We can share inspirational poems, write ones for each other, or simply just lift our heads up with the encouragement and kindness so prevalent in this community already.  I will respond to every comment on this thread with a reply that will uplift your spirits and bring more warmth based on what you share! Those simply stopping by, feel free to respond as well to comments that have been posted and spread some warmth! ♥️ ------------------------- Taglist <3  @burningRain127 @HarmonyBlossom @HatsEatYou @HealingTalk @juliak1968 @LoveMyMoonflowers @Rareshadow666 @ShySmiler @tommy @Torean @YourCaringConfidant @mytwistedsoul @nessapressure05 @sadcat13 @MunchkinBerry @limegreenKiwi7397 @incredibleRainbows2036 @Est3lle @BelovedMe @unassumingEyes @iloveyouxx @enthusiasticBeach8170 @WondersWhispers @Redpanda2419 @peachPear727 @Fallenstar24 
Poetry Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
September 21st
...See more Welcome to the Poetry Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 21 Sept  (updated by @ComradeRuhi) @burningRain127 @HarmonyBlossom @HatsEatYou @HealingTalk @juliak1968 @LoveMyMoonflowers @Rareshadow666 @ShySmiler @tommy @Torean @YourCaringConfidant @mytwistedsoul @nessapressure05 @sadcat13 @MunchkinBerry @limegreenKiwi7397 @incredibleRainbows2036 @Est3lle @BelovedMe @unassumingEyes @iloveyouxx @enthusiasticBeach8170 @WondersWhispers @Redpanda2419 @peachPear727 @Fallenstar24
Community Announcement! Welcoming warm arms for help and feedback.
by ComradeRuhi
Last post
July 21st
...See more ~ Community Announcement ~  Hello everyone! Your Community Mentor Ruhi here. This announcement is just a warm and formal reminder that as your CM I am here for you all. Anyone on this community is free to comment under this thread or message me personally at any time about concerns, feedback, new ideas and more.  If you have a brand new idea you thought of for the community to bring us together. If you feel uncomfortable about a certain situation occurring within the community.  If you have criticisms or feedback regarding how things are set up, or how you wish to see things better. ANYTHING AT ALL! I am here for you! Shoot me a message or mention me under a post of your own if you would like. I am all yours! Excited to receive your messages and mentions. With love ❤️ Your Comrade,  Ruhi  ------------------------- Taglist Mentions:  @burningRain127 @HarmonyBlossom @HatsEatYou @HealingTalk @juliak1968 @LoveMyMoonflowers @Rareshadow666 @ShySmiler @tommy @Torean @YourCaringConfidant @mytwistedsoul @nessapressure05 @sadcat13 @MunchkinBerry @limegreenKiwi7397 @incredibleRainbows2036 @Est3lle @BelovedMe @unassumingEyes @iloveyouxx @enthusiasticBeach8170 @WondersWhispers @Redpanda2419 @peachPear727
In awe of you.
by BastionKnight
Last post
6 hours ago
...See more To be the air that passes 'twixt the soft pastel gates, And be transformed to honeysuckle melody.  Then dance upon enchanted breath, Oh blissful fate! A sigh to which the aether pledged fidelity And evermore be swept in your oceanic grace, And nevermore wish to wake from those azure deeps. As love-sick leaves in adoration around you race. Within you all begins anew and all completes.
Any ideas for a title to this poem?
by TERATONCHRIS
Last post
Sunday
...See more So much space in what's unsaid.  Pour my heart into letter, hoping that it might get read.  So much hope but it feels like dread I wait all night, alone in bed.  Simple minds might feel ignored, might get even, keeping score.... But all I feel are tidal waves Inside my skull, against my brain. A violent current, sinking ships  All hope is lost, this storm won't wane. And on that night  The crew was brave, but all it took was one rogue wave. Beaten badly, the hull was battered Having hope no longer mattered. There SOS, lost in the weather Much like the hope.... Put in my letter. I needed help, so I shot my flare. No help came, no one was there. In the end we all were lost. When you sail on hope.... You pay the cost.
The Abyss
by JustCory88
Last post
September 25th
...See more This black hole of despair is tearing me apart, A gravitational pull so strong I can feel it ripping the the strands of my soul after removing my heart. Completely destroyed with an empty void, How is it even possible to still feel the despair like it's still there, cruel joke no point. Sadness tears apart at the very fabric, An undoing of existence you can't even fathom. No John Lennon moment because you couldn't imagine. How did this happen, time goes fast. Death by a thousand cuts is the answer. The pain from the past, keeping up pace, With the current asswhooping to you're taking in current day. Never fair in the first place, Usain bolt blessed with a turtle race, Running backward rubbing it in your face, How your a disgrace and you ain't worth the space, wipe the fake smile of your face, bc you were never really important in the first place. So you stop mid flight, look up to realize, Your two steps behind where you were the first time, the tug of that abyss cut your heat strings and overtook your mind. The constant negativity, that expels out of me, like a beam, of self defeating, demeaning, enemy of me, the defeats me and doesn't have to lift a pinky. I beat my self like I'm its bouncer with out an ounce of care, feeling like there's no one out there, except the perfection I've been chasin for the last 20 years, the one that cause me to walk around the house trying to fight every mirror, side step my responsibility to fight all my fears, every night full of tears, bombarded by their laughter and jeers. No Phoenix in me to rise again,  The ashes ain't surviving the wind, couldn't humpty dumpty myself no king no men. Tathered and battered by the cost of my sin,  Don't know how to fix being less than human, Sitting around listening to music,  To drown out the nuisance,  Of being useless no need for prudence, Hard to look at it and say haven't been a burden to you, But at least the heart that I gave away was true, Had an underdog pure exuberance to it.  Getting stabbed with his heart in his hand, Trying to reach out for you to grab, To show that he matters, Just for you to pull it away and label him chutes and ladders.  Because for everyone but him it was game, He wasn't invited to play in,  He was just a pawn, to get by until a better player came along. Started as a kid, not wanting to exist, bc the paradoxical abyss, started way back then,looks likes hes finally getting his wish.To fly away to a place where he can just get away, From the sadness and the pain, and funeral music that's playing, and the constant reminder that this life isnt worth it to him, so he decided hes giving in, no more living in, this prison sentence, that he somehow is both the warden and inmate for, see pointless, like a circle, time for me to go, I have some more to feed this black hole before I'm completely consumed ripped apart and torn until I'm so scattered across the galaxy I can never be reborn.
Let's Go For a Ride, Dear
by TheSunIsUpTheSkyIsBlue
Last post
September 25th
...See more 💜 Let’s go cruising down the road  onwards up the hill  and sailing down the slope  following dashed white lines while our eyes creep aside and let our hearts be the ones  to be trusted to guide The wind in our hair and a breeze on my face the billowing constant puff of air repeatedly  creating its shape I see as it changes and reorders in space My hair goes right with it because it just does, it’s embraced I notice the tunes intersecting the lengths of our waves, and we keep on and ride along as we maneuver the grids of our brains The network of stars is as your network within and as ours connect we can feel it glow and spin A sacred geometric form revolving and surrounding our skin There is truth just as there is fear, just as a drive down the road  seems rather clear. 💜
The Listener
by Jenna
Last post
September 20th
...See more In quiet corners, hearts unfold, Whispers shared, both young and old. A gentle nod, a steady gaze, A soul that wanders through their maze. No need for answers, no need for praise, Just holding space in tender ways. With each deep breath, a story told, Of broken pieces, brave and bold. Through tears and silence, laughs that spark, You guide their ship, out of the dark. Yet every word they softly weave, Becomes a gift that you receive. For listening is more than art, It’s pouring love into each heart. And though you’re tired, still you know, You help them heal, you help them grow.
my doggerel (written while depressed)
by slowdecline48
Last post
September 18th
...See more Did this one today... LAMENT, MARCH 2023 Stare at the ceiling as the earth whirls blindly in the dark as you lay there, ears ringing & head pain, as always as your head hurts, spreading middle girth Cold inside, halted, without a spark. The occasional note as your gut slowly drains from the meal of bolted flour, cheese, olives, a manmade ration for the bipedal swine herd Another day ebbs, another evening gains. Stare at the ceiling as daily you know Knowing inescapable: you're past the prime the bald fact, always without tact, Faded mirror never fails to show. Staring upward as the ball hurtles in the black around the hot bright mindless sun, your stare as unseeing as the rock itself a captive in a slowly rotting sack. Feel free to comment, folks. Whaddaya think? I might post more poems here as the inspiration (for lack of a better word) strikes.
Intermission
by EkMukhtsarMulaqat
Last post
September 15th
...See more And just like grains of sand in a summer day, All my tries and yet you slipped away. Now i am standing here, Left with tears. An elegy of shattered dreams, And wow! a heart with anguished screams!
Poem #3 💜
by peacefulpurple08
Last post
September 15th
...See more Same path, different destinations. Vacancy, crying, hating all creation. But one, leads to mental destruction. The other, to positive personal reflection. One focuses on strife, the other on the changes they made to your life. All the ways that they bettered you, and you realize that you're really a better you. You find it was worth the cost, worth it to have loved and lost.
Pretty Colors
by JustABrush
Last post
September 14th
...See more Such pretty colors Swaying so high Curling and flickering Hue's of red and blue Reflected in your eyes Back into mine. Drip goes plastic Melting with ease Giving away without a sound Small little kitties Melted away Gifts given Taken away.  Such pretty colors While so pretty Bring such pain. Marks never fade Answers never clear Flames lap at the skin Grooves never dispel. Angry little boy Loves pretty colors Sad little girl Only knew their pain.
Tears seal lips like glue
by JustABrush
Last post
September 14th
...See more Thud thud thud Pound after pound Steps move quick Too scared to wait. Red and Black Mean so much Gold glinting Looking down with a grin. Always told to behave Told to be quiet Told not to talk About the pretty little colors. Told not to talk about the snow About the wind About the knock that never came And all the ones that did. Not to talk about the van About the tears About the sobs Or about the bags. Not to talk Not to cry Not to think Not to fail. All the things A little girl Must not do.
A Guide To Being Flawed
by thelisteningwriter
Last post
September 10th
...See more I don't know what to write, really. If I decide to tell you I woke up at 7 am and then slept in till 9, it doesn't make me a person of my word.  But had I to keep that to myself, I could be the judge of that. Well, wonder what made me tell you this here, in front of several million listeners and members with 7 Cups of Tea. Probably, I just wanted to say it out loud: Enunciate the consonants and vowels that put a pat of strength in my voicebox and stop it from shaking every time I admit to myself that yes, I am flawed and that's okay as well. 
Kha-boom
by AdrienLovesYou23
Last post
September 3rd
...See more Here's a poem about @PastaIsVeryUnderrated I love you hehe /p In the heart of life’s grand scheme, Shines a friend named Kha-Boom, A beacon of strength, a radiant gleam, Turning shadows to bloom. Her beauty, not just skin-deep, Radiates from her soul’s core, With a heart that’s rich and deep, And a spirit that’s evermore. Kha-Boom, a name that tells a tale, Of resilience and grace combined, In every challenge, she’ll prevail, With wisdom and a thoughtful mind. Her laughter, like a gentle breeze, Sweeps away the darkest night, With her, every worry seems to ease, And the world feels right and bright. Her presence is a calming sea, In the stormiest of days, A friend who’s always there for me, In so many beautiful ways. Kha-Boom, you’re a precious gem, A treasure that’s truly rare, In life’s intricate, endless hem, You are the friend who’s always there. So here’s to you, my strong, dear friend, May your light forever loom, With love and joy that knows no end, To you, beautiful Kha-Boom.

Poetry

Welcome to Poetry! This supportive place for you to share everything and anything related to Poetry.

What are the different forum topics for Poetry?

Community Space: A place for icebreakers, introductions, discussions and community check-ins.

Poetry Through Art: Write your own poetry based off of artwork!

Emotive Poetry: A safe place for poetry that contain trigger warnings.

Poetry Editing: Gain feedback and learn to write more professionally.

Poetry Prompts: Suggest a prompt or write a poem based on a given one!

Your Poetry: A general place to put all of your poetry! This is the place to post if you would like to share your OWN writing! 

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Poetry FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question!  If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!