Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Standing Strong

Tyedyedbutterfly65 November 13th, 2018

I am here becuase I wanted to talk about Standing Strong..

Standing Strong , what are we standing strong for ? It can be the color of our skin the place we came from or still live ... I grew up in a really poor home life but it taught me how to be a survivor and that no matter what someone called me which they did I was called the fat dumb one , also Eskimo girl , Indian girl , Poor Girl....

I was heavy set and I was dark skinned and I did have a round face and yes like I said very poor... words hurt they cut to the bone and even more so as a child..I laughed the words off but when pushed down and kicked it hurt even more.. but I did not fight back because I didn't know how to back then so I stayed hidden or missed as much school as I possibly could and then went home and did the chores on the farm.. My Granny and Grandpa had a small farm and no running water no inside bathroom and very little to eat . I did alot.. but I still hurt so deep on the inside from the Bullying but what I went through finally made me see I could stand up and say what I was thinking and yeah finally I did knock some people on their butts lol... I did.

I never judged anyone by how they looked or how much money they had or didnt have.. I love everyone no matter what !!!

Staying Strong is something we have to do for us but also for those that are growing up to see how we adults live and act and how we use our words.. Words can leave a wound so deep , my memories are still with me but what was said to me and done to me made me one tough cookie !!

Stand Strong in what you believe in, How you treat others and yourself.

Know that no matter what color our skin is we are all human beings and we not perfect because no one is but we can still stand strong right!!! I raised my son to never treat a woman bad or any other human being and dont judge anyone by what color their skin is or where they are from and he turned out to be one of the most amazing husband to his wife, I am so proud of him !!

I will say in the area I live in racism is still alive in some areas and in some of the people i know and I am always saying something to them and I may lose a family memeber or a friend but I do not tolerate that kind of behavior!!

STAND STRONG IN WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR!!

So sorry I ramble and may not make any sense but I am okay with myself lol.. I know some who look at my post probably think she does not know how to use proper grammar or she is not using puncuation or spelling properly ... lol well if I am judged by all these thats okay with me.. I am not one who cares I stand strong in knowing who I am ! laugh

Peace , Love and Happiness

TDB heart

LittleMissJoy April 23rd, 2019

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

I will be the first to tell you how emotionally moving hearing your story was to me. I could not help but cry but not because of feeling sad but because of the person you are and the strength that resides within you. You are truly an inspiration, and have created a powerful belief about STANDING STRONG against racial discrimination and, i feel really empowered by the positive message you are setting out in society. Thank you for sharing your story with us, we are greatful to have people like yourself to be an example of being bigger and better than a negative experience.

I hope that your story meets everyone in the community and you continue to do great things.

Much Love,

Joy

Tyedyedbutterfly65 OP April 26th, 2019

@LittleMissJoy Thank you so much for your reply I had posted this and not one person replied or really liked it so it seems lol but if ONLY 1 person feels better and likes what I had to say then thats totally cool with me ..

I believe everyone matters and we all need to stand together as humans not seperated ... we are all unique and special and so loved !!

Joy have a winderful blessed day and I thank you once again .. heart

Peace and Love , Blessings

TDB65 smiley

TheSteveFundYPOC May 6th, 2019

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 @LittleMissJoy Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Its takes a lot of strength to share your thoughts and thanks for adding your voice to our community

teenytinyturtle February 16th, 2023

@tyedyedbutterfly65

Hello!

Your story is a true inspiration! I'm proud of you for standing strong 💜

I wondered whether I would be able to use your story for this? No pressure https://www.7cups.com/forum/GeneralSupport_28/General_2440/YourStoryACelebrationofStrengthandCourage_298246/

Tyedyedbutterfly65 OP February 19th, 2023
  • @CalmCoral ❤️ I sure do my best ! I am not sure but it is okay with me.