Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Facing racist attitudes

gracefulpomegranate01923 January 23rd, 2023

Hello,

I am struggling. I fear facing racist attitudes. I would get agitated and sensitive if I get called out. I will be traveling soon and it is common for me to face racism and i have experienced a lot of racism and discrimination.

fruityPond7887 January 28th, 2023

@gracefulpomegranate01923 Hello! I hope you are doing well! I'm so sorry to hear that you are/have faced racism before. No one should have to face that ever. I want you to know that no matter what anyone says, it doesn't define you. Please don't let them bring you down because they don't have anything kind to say. You are perfect the way you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! If you would like to speak to a Listener, we are always here for you any time! I hope this helps :)

Ani0107 January 28th, 2023

@gracefulpomegranate01923 I am sorry that you have to face such scenarios. It's a shame how all our hearts are divided by race. I wish we could just be humans and be equal. The world would have been a much nicer place to live.

Shahans February 26th, 2023

Hey, I have experienced this as well, it’s not easy by any stretch of the imagination. The only thing we can change is how we respond to that feeling when someone is being ignorant, since we cannot change them without talking to them and nullifying their expectations of who we are. Meaning, people absolutely can change their beliefs about someone who is different, but it requires being around that person long enough for them to realize that not all people who are ‘x’ behave like ‘y’. This is clearly unrealistic to do with everyone who is being racist towards us, so the only other option is to accept that this person has a drastically different perspective of the world and of humanity. It is usually never a personal thing, they do not know you otherwise the interaction may go differently. The next time you feel the fear, try to observe and accept it. It makes you a much stronger person. Sorry for the long response but I hope this helps a little bit, good luck.

Tinywhisper11 February 26th, 2023

@gracefulpomegranate01923 it's very sad 😔 when will we all learn we are not the coulor if our skin, our religion doesn't matter, it doesn't matter who's rich or poor who lives where. We are all humans why can't we be one big happy family ❤ sends you protective hugs ❤❤