Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Kimson's Open Letter: Such a time as this (Support for AAPI communities)

TheSteveFundYPOC March 20th, 2021

There has been a large uptick in violence agains Asian American and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) in the United States. I have been struggling about the best way to speak about this challenging time as I honestly don't have any words. Here we stand with and speak out in support of the many racial and ethnic groups that make up our YPOC community. I encourage us all to support our members within the AAPI community as these injustices are impacting those that we care deeply for and about. During times of injustice, people often talk about the importance of allyship. I hope as we begin each new day we decide to support, speak up and work towards solutions that allow everyone to be seen heard and feel protected.

That is all I have for now, but I will speak to you all soon

Kimson

nekomancers March 21st, 2021

@KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC

thank you

TheSteveFundYPOC OP March 29th, 2021

@nekomancers

my pleasure and thanks for stopping by

nekomancers March 30th, 2021

@KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC

much obliged... thank you

aeris156 March 21st, 2021

thank you so much for your compassion heart marginalized communities need to stand together and united against trauma like this. if any of my fellow AAPI YPOC members are struggling, feel free to reach out to me and know that our community stands against the horrific violence

@aeris156

thanks for sharing and your willingness to be a resource to others

hopedreamlove March 21st, 2021

@KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC

These are such important words, thank you for creating this post. To my AAPI community, you are not alone. Your feelings are valid, and we stand with you. This applies to anyone suffering from discrimination and violence. Please feel free to reach out for support. Red heart

@hopedreamlove

thanks for sharing and being supportive of others

tac0belle March 22nd, 2021

Thank you for sharing and standing with us ♥️

@tac0belle

you are welcome and thanks for stopping by

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 23rd, 2021

@KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC

Thankyou for bringing light to this , so very important that , we as a globally inclusive and compassionate community support together . The ongoing events are heart breaking and upsetting, to anyone experiencing racial discrimination, so very sorry you have to go through such, please know, you're not alone and your concerns are valid.

Sending beams of love and strength to all ❤

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

all great points and perspective thanks for standing in solidarity and offering support.

Misty09 May 12th, 2021

@KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC

Thank you for this

TheSteveFundYPOC OP May 24th, 2021

@Misty09

My pleasure and thanks for stopping by.

rrretsuko May 13th, 2021

@KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC thank you so much for caring <3

@rrretsuko

Of course and thanks for leaving a comment

MsVee2021 May 22nd, 2021

Violence and discrimination is completely wrong no matter what ethnicity or economic status. My heart goes out to the Asian American community who are being targeted and abused! I'm praying that people's hearts will be changed and realized that we can all live here together without a stigma of "if you don't look like me you shouldn't be here." Our country is supposed to be a melting pot of every nationality of people who can come and live a better life. The way things are going and the way we treated each other as a whole it's so inhumane! I'm praying for the Asian-American community for their safety Justice and peace in Jesus name!!!

@MsVee2021

Yes, hoping for a better tomorrow and future.

MsVee2021 June 24th, 2021

Yes so am I @kimson!!!