Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Schizoid diagnosis

intelligentPenguin523 October 23rd, 2022

Hi, I'm new and I am currently pouring a lot of time into discovering why I am the way that I am.

Over the last year or so, I've done a lot of researched, talked to people more knowledgeable than me and reflected a lot on aspects on myself.

However, even though I discovered things about myself, it all did not feel like the definitive answer I am looking for. Now I think I'm closing in on it though. I have been reading a lot about schizoid personality disorder and I seem to meet all the criteria to be considered schizoid. However since self diagnosis can go wrong pretty quickly, I took the time during my commute to and from work (around 2 hours) for an entire week to reflect on each criteria against my whole life which let to same result. But there is one last thing I want to know before considering myself schizoid, and thus having a focus point if I were to get therapy.

It is very easy to say what makes a schizoid person, but what are there misconceptions, myths or charactistics, that would make a person not schizoid after all.

Even though it is likely this post will not get an answer quickly, judging my the activity in this subcommunity, do still please feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear about my question. Thanks.

fruityPond7887 October 24th, 2022

@intelligentPenguin523 Hello! First, welcome to 7 Cups! We are so happy you are here! ❤️

I think I am understanding, but please correct me if I am wrong! Are you trying to determine if you think you are experiencing schizoid personality disorder?

I think it's really great that you are reflecting on things and think you have found what you are experiencing, but like you said, self-diagnosing can be tricky! I think seeking out therapy or a doctor can be a great next step! The link I have attached here can help you search for a therapist in your area: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists I hope this helps! I know that you are taking all the right steps and I am really proud of you! We are always here for you!😊