Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Facing the woman I love.

joyfulhorse February 17th, 2017

Hi everyone ! Hope you all are well ! So this week has been a hard week but I would like to share one of the things I had to face.

I am a Christian and I really love Jesus but I also love woman or I'm confuse.... Anyways I don't speak about it as I'm scared to. A friend and I became very close and then I fell in love with her of course this is agaist what I believe. We are both Christians. I figer that I would stop speaking to her and it will just go away and its been 3 months that we have not spoken ! At the moment I'm doing dbt and I'm learning to face how I feel. About a day ago I met up with her and we just spoke. She didn't know why we stop speaking but guess I was dealing with things when I told her I'm in love with her, she was shocked but also said it can't ever happen. It upset me but at that same time I felt so much better that I told her. With my emotions I can chosse to run from them or I can face them and take it like a wave and learn how to swim in it.

MusicCandy February 17th, 2017

jpyfulhprse - I am hearing so much pain and confusion in your words - I'm glad you were able to share here. I am a Christian too, but there are so many ways to find meaning in the Christian Faith that I have found in my years of soul searching. I used to belong to a denomination that was very strict against gays, but I later found that this wasn't the only way to be part of a strong faith community. There are many denominations that don't put as much emphasis on this one thing, and I was happier when I assembled with devout believers who showed love to Everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation or other small differences. I don't know if you are open to exploring other avenues, but really- you can't help what you feel. I was active in a church that preached "reforming" gays, but I just don't think that that was the way Jesus lived His life. You can only go as far as your heart and soul will take you, I just want to say you are not alone. I wish you well in your journey of Faith and Love.Sending you a big hug.