Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dealing with Intense Anger.

cyanDime5990 August 19th, 2020

I'm dealing with a lot of anger right now. I was mistreated by a lot of people growing up and until I quit my job two years ago, and I have been dwelling on it a lot. Does anyone else have moments when it's overwhelming? I would never hurt anyone, but it's hard to control it.

@cyanDime5990

Yes I suffer with agitation irritability and anger. It can be so overwhelming and I doubt know what to do with myself or where to place the anger. I often want to scream and smash things but I know that is unacceptable behaviour so I don't but then the anger is trapped inside me. I usually just end up balling my eyes out, sobbing until it finally subsides.

cyanDime5990 OP August 23rd, 2020

@Everythingisbetterinyourpyjamas

I've been dealing pretty much the same exact way. I'm 38 years old and cry like a child over everything. It's absolutely humiliating to me when I walk into the living room sobbing and ask my mother to keep me company until the feelings subside. Please dm me if you ever want to talk. xo

Jili August 28th, 2020

@cyanDime5990

Thank you for sharing! Traumatic experiences can be very challenging for us to go through! I am glad that you are making a post on this!

Sugarflake September 5th, 2020

@cyanDime5990

Hi there,

Pardon my language. I find it difficult to organise my thoughts in a polite way.

But I also have the same problem. When I'm mad, the feeling is intense that the only way to calm me down is by imagining to kill the person thay got me angry in the first place. I know that's a very bad thought but if I don't, I feel like I'm about to explode. I can't even focus on anything. I don't enjoy the ice cream I usually like or the funny show I usually laugh at. All I want to do is smashing something to let the anger go.

But showing excessive anger in front of other people is considered bad behaviour as well. They'd call me crazy and everything. So I can't help but choosing the first option.

I'm sorry if I'm not helping, I just want to say that I feel you.

piecefulzen September 5th, 2020

I have anger issues as well due to being depressed