Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share your learning: Learning Leadership Growth Path

March 24th, 2023

Click 'Start Path' after opening the following path link. After you've walked the path, share your 5 key learnings from the path in reply to this thread.

https://www.7cups.com/path/playlist/learning-leadership/

Let's learn leadership together!

March 24th, 2023

My 5 key learnings from the growth path:

1) It's important to have a vision, so that you may work towards it and encourage your team members too.

2) Self-care is just as important.

3) Patience is a virtue. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

4) High expectations and high warmth. Strive to encourage the best potential out of oneself and others and at the same time be very warm and comforting.

5) Know Your People. Seek and connect with your people who share the same or similar goals as yours.

TabbyCat97 March 24th, 2023

@Fristo

awesome, loves it Fristo!

TabbyCat97 March 24th, 2023

@Fristo

My 5 key learnings from the growth path:

• A good leader will acknowledge that they do not know the answer to a question. Its okay to be vulnerable and admit to this ♡

• Looking at my own challenges as opportunities to grow and learn as a leader.

• Self care is really important ♡

• Having a vision allows you to motivate your team members with passion and purpose towards the common goal.

• Being a leader is not about the status or title, by ability, or by power and control, but by their influence, how they behave and respond to others, and how they encourage their team to strive towards and reach certain goals. ♡

^ one I already know but I think is super important ♡

March 24th, 2023

@TabbyCat97 love the list!

GloriaD March 30th, 2023

@Fristo @Tabby

My 5 key learnings from the growth path :

• A leader is not defined by status or title, by ability, or by power and control, but by their influence, how they behave and respond to others, and how they encourage their team to strive towards and reach certain goals.
  • A leader will strive to look at their own challenges as opportunities to grow and learn as a leader.
  • Leadership is about knowing your people, knowing what they need and what their concerns are. All this is possible only if you connect with the people you wish to serve.
  • A good leader will acknowledge that they do not know the answer to a question. You can give the promise to go find the answer for the person who was asking, or by directing them to helpful resources, and so by doing that, we all learn together.
  • It is important to not take criticism personally, but see it as a way to improve yourself, and the more you seek it, the easier it gets to hear it.