Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Discussion: Parenting Fears

Truth22 June 6th, 2023

Good morning, everyone! Happy Tuesday!

taco-tuesday-tuesday.gif

For those that don't know me my name is Truth. :) I wanted to open up a discussion in this subcommunity. Feel free to chime in.

New Parents, Soon-to-be Parents and Hope-to-be Parents:

What is one thing you fear about parenting? What is one thing you're excited about when it comes to parenting? Why?

"Not-so-new" Parents:

- What is one thing you feared about parenting that you no longer fear? What is one thing you thought would be super exciting that you later found wasn't as exciting as you thought it would be? Why?

I'll go first. One thing I feared about parenting was that my depression and anxiety would make me a terrible mother. I struggled heavily with perinatal depression and had a terrible time with depression and anxiety before I got pregnant. I truly believed that it disqualified me as a mother. I later found out that it had nothing to do with my qualifications to parent my daughter. She's a happy, healthy kid.

One thing I thought would be super exciting was the solid food stage. I couldn't wait to have her try all kinds of baby food just to see what she liked. She liked none of it. She hated everything. She was soooo picky and still is. 😂

PrisKay2023 June 14th, 2023

@Truth22 When I had just got a child what I feared most was loosing a child. Everyday I prayed not to lose my child until I don't know when the fear subsided.

I was excited about seeing my child for the very fast time and called her the best name "My Jewel". However I don't know if I have treasured her as much

Truth22 OP June 15th, 2023

@PrisKay2023,

I can relate to both. I'm glad you have your little one! ❤️ Sometimes the day-to-day things of life can get in the way of being as grateful as we hope to be that they exist. But that's ok. When we become aware that we feel like we're lacking in the gratitude department we can use it as fuel to be thankful and show a little more love. Thank you for sharing!

hug-love.gif