Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are You Coparenting? Introduce Yourself

SoulfullyAButterfly June 26th, 2023

alberto-casetta-rekxj7jhwii-unsplash_1687804104.jpg

Welcome to the Parenting and Pregnancy Community! One of our community topics is coparenting. For those who are familiar with the concept, co-parenting is a remarkable journey of collaborative parenting after separation or divorce. It's an approach that brings together separated or divorced parents with a shared goal: to provide the best possible upbringing for their children.

This community space serves to connect with others who understand the joys and complexities of co-parenting.

Are you a coparent? Feel welcome to:

✨ Introduce Yourself

✨ Share a little about your coparenting situation or journey

✨ What are some challenges you would like to discuss and gain support for?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 28th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I'm glad this is a separate sub-topic here, very important part ofcourse!

Sending lots of love and strength to everyone working through their parenthood!💛

RoaminPebbles June 11th

Hey there

My partner has a 3 year old son with a woman who he didn't have a relationship with, Maybne spring fling?

We have started getting the kiddo overnight some but she controls the calendar and chooses when we see him. We're in court trying to get an order for joint custody and a more regular schedule because we feel the child deserves more time with his Dad.

The Biomom really doesn't make it easy. She doesn't communicate any routines and changes the calendar on a whim so sometimes we go weeks before seeing him. It's super frustrating. My partner and I work fairly well together and are just biding our time but I also feel like I am kept at a distance when it comes to parenting. I have committed to the idea of a family and changed a lot of my plans and just feel like I am still not "accepted" as an equal. I know he has a lot to deal with with Biomom but I struggle finding where I fall into the mix sometimes.