Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

You can get better

Qwertypurt333 June 26th

TLDR: Don't listen to people who just insult you, and if you already have, just read the title. And not part of the TLDR, but this post is all about body issues, so please do not read if you are sensitive to that.

(Also, real quick just so nobody gets confused with a few things in here, I am not an adult.)

I just took the first picture of myself after hating how I look for over four years. I was told very often by my own parents that I was overweight, and that it was bad, so I started thinking I was ugly, even with things that didn't have to do with my weight. I used to have one picture of myself with my mom on my phone, I deleted it because of what they told me. A while ago I was laying down and a kitten was sleeping on my shoulder with his paws on my face, (Me and my mom try to get strays homes and I take care of them when I'm not at school) and I thought it was absolutely adorable, so naturally I wanted a picture, but it's not like I could only show the kitten, so I decided to go ahead and take a picture of both of us. When I looked at the picture, I was actually okay with it. My hair was messy, I was clearly pretty tired, the only light was from the window next to me, but I actually thought I looked good, even though I still believed what I had been told.

It's been a long time since I thought any part of me was even okay, and I'm still struggling with it, but I'm getting better, and so can you, it just takes time. I have mostly stopped talking to my dad, for more reasons than this too, and it made a big difference, so if you can, try that.

Heather225 July 2nd

@Qwertypurt333

i'm so proud of the progress you've made and i hope you are too!