Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm in a stagnant phase

Coolzebra0419 April 4th, 2023

Ever since I joined 7 cups, my biggest source of frustration has been my job. I have been on the same job for 4 years now and have worked hard to be looked at as an expert in my field now. The main company I work for shows me a lot of respect for this and I am very thankful for it. I don't want my gratitude to them to be lost in my struggle. My issue is taking the next step.

The main company I work for has a contract with another company to manage their inventory for their data center and one of the biggest goals for us is to make the jump to the client company because it will triple our income. In the 4 years that I have been here I thought I was putting myself into position for this, only to be skipped over multiple times so that the people who make the decisions can bring their friends on the team. Then they rely on me to show that friend the operation. I have dealt with this on previous jobs as well and it is getting old.

I am 35 now with a family and I am getting tired of having people stand on my back to get success and I don't get a real chance. I keep telling myself I am going to break through this glass ceiling and set a good example for my son's, but I am finding it harder to believe this more and more. I feel like I'm not asking for a lot when I say I want to get my family away from living paycheck to paycheck and I want my son's to have experiences that will set them up for success so that they don't have to deal with half of what I deal with.

The most recent trigger for my feelings came into play last week. I was out of town working at another site to help them out and when I returned, my team got rid of my stuff like I didn't exist. Ever since coming back, I feel like my team is moving into a different direction that doesn't involve me.

SolarGenerator April 8th, 2023

@Coolzebra0419 That discarding of you can feel really awful.

Coolzebra0419 OP April 9th, 2023

Thank you for reading my post. It is a bad feeling and I subconsciously amplify it by thinking I failed at providing new opportunities for my family.

calmMango9611 April 9th, 2023

@Coolzebra0419 Maybe, ask them to include you more. Sometimes, you have to speak up, and let your voice and your feelings be known. Maybe say something like "I have been with this company for a while, and I would like to be included, in any major changes to the team and to the company. It is ok, if we go in a different direction, but please be mindful of the fact, I know a little more about this team and this company, then maybe some of you." Or something along those lines. I wish you the best of luck. I hope, I was helpful.

Coolzebra0419 OP April 9th, 2023

Thank you for reading my post. Unfortunately I have spoken up and it has led to me having meetings with my regional manager because they were told I was creating a hostile environment for others.