Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hey

I am 21 guy and height is 5'5 and this is giving me depression and lack self confidence, I am afraid that no girl would like me cuz girls nowdays have high standards in guys despite that I am studying engineering and working on self this thought is really distracting me from studying.

icanremember April 10th

@understandingKiwi5313

Are there girls who will reject you because of your height? Yep, there are. There are also some who will reject you because your hair is too curly, or it isn't curly enough. Or because you have freckles or you don't have freckles. Or because you're studying engineering and she only wants to date a veterinarian or a circus clown.

And this isn't "nowadays." People (men and women and no-binary people alike) have always been this way.

But right now there's some girl out there dreaming of finding her perfect 5'5" engineering student who has exactly as many freckles as you do or don't have.

So try not to mistake what you think a desirable man must be for what some women actually want.

And when one of those women let's you know just how attractive she thinks you are just as you are, believe her.

understandingKiwi5313 OP April 10th

@icanremember

I appreciate your reply, I think I need to start appreciating myself instead of waiting for someone to do so.

icanremember April 11th

@understandingKiwi5313

That's actually one of the rare qualities that's almost universally attractive.

Good for you for examining your feelings, seeking perspective and setting such worthwhile goals for your life.

At 21, that's very impressive.

Mgoswami April 11th

Study is mora important than girl friend.