Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Words of Wisdom - Thich Nhat Hanh

dynamicPlace8390 May 2nd, 2018

Thich Nhat Hanhs Take On Mindfulness

Thich Nhat Hanh quotes on mindfulness are plentiful. He has been writing books about peace and mindfulness for decades. In fact, Thich has been called the, Father of Mindfulness for the sheer immensity of work he has done in that area.

Thich currently is the leader of a network of over 600 monks and nuns, who in turn teach mindfulness to thousands of lay students around the world. Spreading his words of peace, nonviolence, mindfulness, community & love around the world.

In addition to being noted for his amazing contribution to the mindfulness movement. Thich has been a long term fighter for equality & nonviolence. In fact, Martin Luther King Jr. once referred to Thich as an apostle of peace and nonviolence.

> Look at flowers, butterflies, trees, and children with the eyes of compassion. Compassion will change your life and make it wonderful.

> People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?

> To be beautiful means to be yourself. You dont need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.

> When we come into contact with the other person, our thoughts and actions should express our mind of compassion, even if that person says and does things that are not easy to accept. We practice in this way until we see clearly that our love is not contingent upon the other person being lovable.

Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.

> Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.

> We are all the leaves of one tree. We are all the waves of one sea.

> We have to learn to live our life as a human being deeply. We need to live each breath deeply so that we have peace, joy and freedom as we breathe.

> Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.

Alexa43 May 2nd, 2018

@dynamicPlace8390

This is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for taking the time out to share this with us. <3

May 4th, 2018

@dynamicPlace8390

thanks-you I love these!

Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.

amiablePeace77 May 22nd, 2018

@dynamicPlace8390

Thanks for this wonderful post