Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Thinking about Ourselves

MetaMetaPhysics June 28th, 2023

The first question should always be this:

"Am I being myself right now?"

Many a time have I noticed myself falling prey to the negative emotion demon, and suddenly thinking that that's truly who I am. "Damned be those positive people, they don't know me", I would say...

The complacency of our self-uncertainty is such that we believe ourselves.

Beholden to the truth, we must realize this: we are never certain whether we are fully in the truth, but we feel good when we let go of the thoughts pressuring us to fail.

Beholden to ourselves, we must realize that life is a series of tests, and it never ends. This is not to be taken as a bad thing, as it seems we constantly have to do something new to become ourselves.

The weird thing is that we only get more bitter when we shy away from ourselves; we don't want to fight the inner self, in fear that we actually have to confront it and win the battle through our will.

Why is this mysterious? Human beings have long made errors when in entirely reasonable places in their life. It can only be imagined that we will make more errors when life is hard.

Perhaps this is the reason why we feel mistreated?

And yet we are the person mistreating ourselves, when all has been said and done.

I know that we must trust ourselves, and we must trust those who care for us.

We are not flawed by design, nor are we meant to be flawed forever.

Perhaps the world is reasonable in its altogether uncertain design.

Beholden to ourselves, we may want to finally understand why the pain is so hard to bear, and why we must constantly reinforce the pain in our own being. The world is not meant to destroy us.

And indeed, we are the world. We are everything at once. This is a beautiful thing.

The "concept of self" should be taken as something that is connected to a whole.

We are not some sort of disjointed mess. We are, in fact, potentially enlightened souls.

Nevertheless, only we can see ourselves in a better light, and that must always be held close.

Beholden to our hearts, we must not let anyone hurt us ever again if we could help it.

Thank you.

toughTiger6481 June 28th, 2023

@MetaMetaPhysics

Thank you for post it made a lot of sense to me and was something i feel i needed to read as i am not always aware i can get in my own way many times.

MetaMetaPhysics OP July 9th, 2023

@toughTiger6481 We can talk about it anytime you want. I think reality to be much more complicated and interesting than we usually assume it to be, in that everything constantly changes. And, if we are not able to adapt with the change, we grow egoic and unhappy. That's what I would say.