Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Scared of People Knowing the Truth

Hello. I'm Kenz! I'm a 15 and soon-to-be 16-year-old. I've always known I was a lesbian since I was in late elementary through middle school. Throughout my life, a few people at my school(s) figured I was gay considering who I hung out with, how I dress (I dress more masc than most females), and how I carry myself as a person. Currently, I have a girlfriend and obviously, we try to be around each other as much as possible. There have been some speculations from people that I am dating a female, which is true. However, everytime someone askes, I feel hesitant to tell and just brush it off. I don't want to be ashamed of who I am, but I also get nervous when someone questions if I'm with a girl. My school is overall very LGBTQ inclusive but the students, mostly male students, aren't as supportive and will call people F slurs, etc. I'm just scared to tell people that I am a lesbian if they ask. My close friends know since I trust them. If anyone has advice, please let me know! Thank you! 💗 

CheeryMango May 21st

Hey Kenz! It's awesome that you know who you are and have a supportive girlfriend and friends. It's okay to feel nervous about sharing your identity, especially when some people aren't as accepting. Take your time and only share when you're comfortable. Your safety is important, so don't hesitate to reach out for help if you need it.

xKenzieGotNoLifex OP May 21st

@CheeryMango Thank you! I appreciate this!

pluckyNickel6843 June 16th

@xKenzieGotNoLifex Hey girl!! Pan girl here. Back when i had a gf for a while, the same thing happened with me especially since we were at a private catholic school. What we did was just start to make it a fact, really well known. It started out as just being me and my gf talking about it with our friends, holding hands, etc. Then everyone eventually found out and we just made it that whenever we were going to talk about each other we wouldn’t say our names but just say the relationship, like “my gf”. somehow that planted in my classmates and schools brain that this wasn’t going to stop anytime soon and that it was just a fact that we were together, yk? Most if not all of my classmates have stoped calling us the f slur and have actually started supporting us, to the point where we were voted by our class as the cutest couple ❤️ I promise it will get better.

xKenzieGotNoLifex OP June 16th

@pluckyNickel6843 Thank you for the encouragement! I appreciate it!