Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lesbian or Bi?

244 December 18th, 2021

Hey everyone. Sooooo I'm attracted to both men and women but i feel like i could only ever connect with women. Most men's mentality are so far from mine and they annoy me a lot lol. But they're cute. Women on the other hand are attractive AND i can see myself dating them. Men only ever want sex and lately, all you ever hear is how they physically or emotionally abused a woman. I find myself disgusted with them quite a lot. All they have to offer to me are their looks. So I'm not sure what my "label" would be. This is my first time saying any of this in a public manner so thanks to everyone who took the time to read. Feel free to leave your thoughts.

JenCHo December 18th, 2021

I think you could be a lesbian with comphet. But remember, only you can know who you are and what your label is. If you can’t make up your mind, you don’t have to label yourself at all.

244 OP December 18th, 2021

I feel that way as well. I just wasn't 100% sure simply because i do think men are cute. They just turn me off way more than they turn me on. I did make the decision not to label myself yet because I'm only 21, but i think about it often and wanted to see what label I'm leaning more towards at the moment. Thanks for the feedback!

Ninjakeep9 December 18th, 2021

Hey! I have definitely been in your shoes. Mainly because my parents are super religious and I tried to be with men so many times, but I could never connect with them the way I could with a woman. I consider myself a lesbian because I have no desire to be with a man, but I think some are good looking of course. Once I was with a woman and connected with them emotionally, they were the whole package for me. From then on out, I’ve only had those crazy butterflies and sparks with a woman. You don’t necessarily have to have a label if you don’t want to either. You can love who you love. I don’t know if any of this helps, but I’m here for support! 😀 I think for me it was just a matter of dating women to see how I felt.

244 OP December 18th, 2021

Thank you so much for your support! I haven't really "came out" to my close family but i know they'd support me. I just can't handle the awkward conversation that comes with it. Such a cringe. I guess I'll just have to wait until the right girl comes along to confirm my feelings like how it went with you lol.

Ninjakeep9 December 19th, 2021

Anytime! I’m so glad you don’t have to go through what I did. That’s always great to hear, but I get how it can still be awkward. Lol I just knew with my first girlfriend I was with, even though she wasn’t the one, so maybe it will come sooner than you think ☺️

quietCar4332 December 23rd, 2021

@244 I think you could call your self a bisexual lesbian. This means you have sexual attraction to both but romantic attraction wise you are a lesbian. Or a homoromantic bisexual if you prefer.

244 OP December 23rd, 2021

Oh thanks! It explains the situation perfectly actually. I'll be exploring that concept for the time being.

Lunalouu January 31st, 2022

@244 I can HUGELY relate. I feel like I'm in the same boat. It's so much easier for me to connect with women. I feel like the man I would date doesn't exist.