Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hurtful words 😔

BorahaeAndHappiness June 3rd, 2023

Yesterday I was having a casual text conversation with my dad and he brought up that he thinks being gay is perverted and wrong.

I'm bisexual and he doesn't know it but it hurt that he said that.

I love my dad. I think if I didn't I wouldn't care as much.

Listeningsarinn June 6th, 2023

@BorahaeAndHappiness

hey💜

I’m so sorry to know you had to go thru that :( I can imagine how that would hurt a lot to hear

you are right that a stranger in the street thinking or saying so, wouldn’t hurt as much, but hearing it from him, someone you care about and love would make you wonder how he’ll react when and if you come out to him and if you’ll have his support someday

please Remember that you are enough, valid and lovable as who you are and fully regardless of your sexuality, i can tell your dad means a lot to you, and I am guessing you mean just as much to him

I very much hope that he’ll understand his wrong, update his beliefs and learn to love and accept people, specially you, regardless of gender or sexuality

*sends cookies and love your way*

happy pride month🌈💜

Astarothalo June 7th, 2023

@BorahaeAndHappiness I feel your post, sometimes people that we love, hurt us and they dont even notice... but I feel like in most cases, even if people you love don't agree with you, they may be willing to accept and respect you, regardless of their views on things, so I think you should remain positive, and if soon or later you tell him what you think, you can only hope for the best while you prepare for the worst, remain adamant in your beliefs friend! ^^

A person from Chile