Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How can I trust anyone, how can I live? 🌿

intuitiveFan2816 May 2nd, 2023

My genitalia was mutilated without my consent. I was told to stop talking about it and I would forget, early on I tried to traumatize myself in other ways to try and forget the injustice done to me, I forgot at times but the physical effects of psychological trauma stayed. I remember trying to seek help from my parents some years back and they have expressed anger and resentment towards me, claiming it was a source of trauma for them too and I should keep quiet. I believe there are no records of what was done to me, I believe it has been tried to be covered up, I have been continuously lied to. I have had chronic health issues I believe are due to what was done to me to make my genitalia fit into what is “acceptable within our society”. I do not trust anyone to tell me the truth or help me. I have been in therapy my whole life and I have not found peace from what was done to me. I feel distraught and terrified on a daily basis. I feel my pain and my rage is not valid because it is what has been shown to me by others who do not understand why I can not just “get over it”, I have been gaslit on this topic when I have tried to get help from my family, I believe the doctors lied to them “just extra skin removal” but I still remember the pain, I never forgot the pain. Due to this I feel I have been like a door mat my entire life, I feel I am not allowed to have boundaries or a sense of self, I feel people will always take from me. I want to isolate, I feel I have been disrespected and it is impossible to get justice, I feel I was left in the dark to fend for myself and other people will only ever cause me pain. I regret living. I do not know how to live well with this, I feel like screaming constantly, I feel no one understands my rage, I feel lost, I feel lonely. How do I quiet my rage so I can live a functional life? I am 28 and I feel I have never known peace.

I am glad to finally have a safe space to let this out. It is a deep source of pain for me. I feel the binary standards our world has picked to obsess over harms people and prevents people like me from receiving help because “I should be grateful” or “it was so I could live a normal life”

I feel people only mean me harm, I feel people will continue to harm me either “out of curiosity” or because of their fear of “differences”

it breaks my heart, I loose faith in this world, it is painful to feel and think and live. I do not feel I deserve to be what I want or feel what I want, I do not feel like my life is mine, I crave to recover from the mutilation and disrespect I endured, I am exhausted from living in fear and loathing.

DaisyDaph May 10th, 2023

@intuitiveFan2816

Hello :)

I am really sorry to hear that this was done to you without your consent. It definitely must feel like a betrayal. And the pain that you expressed, we can understand it. Thank you for being so brave, for coming forth and sharing your story with us. It must have been really difficult, both emotionally, physically and mentally to come to terms with what happened. But you're so strong; stronger than your past, stronger than every negative thought that threatens to bring you down.

I hope you know that we're here for you if you need someone to talk to and vent out the negative and anxious thoughts. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me for support. 💜

Take care 🌺