Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

someone likes me yet I don't like them back

StormyRiver22 June 30th

the lyrics "When words fail what will I do." runs through my head now. Words failed, yet I sit here with them rushing through my head. We all dream of that on person when we were a wee one, someone who cares, who holds the door, who makes us laugh and smile, someone who just gets us, and more. I have that all sitting In front of my face, now. As I ponder what to do, i question my 16 years of life. Why, you may ask? Because at 16 all my mates are going around getting boyfriends, cheating, dating, and repeating. Yet I find it nearly impossible to do. I feel nothing in the romantic sense to someone majority of the time, it's like I'm broken and worthless, I'll never be capable. But that isn't my full problem, my full problem is having this amazing guy who likes me. I'm not out in person, I mean how could I be? I'm 16 and live where pride and everything else isn't celebrated, but it is hated. I'm scared to be shamed on and for hurting someone who cares, I question how someone could even like a mess like me, yet even love me? It's all so silly and dumb I know, I have most of my live figured out, but clearly not this. For now, I will suffer in silence, and just hope his feelings don't become even more intense. 

@Regan18 I appreciate the words you share, as I know there are many who feel very similarly out there. You sound like a really self-aware and gentle soul. I do hope that, as you get older, you find a way to celebrate who you are and are able to comfortably share your true self wholly. The world is large, and acceptance is out there, even though it doesn't feel like it in this moment.